paracord project

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

asemery

Settler
Aug 11, 2005
Pennsylvania
pineapple.myfunforum.org
gutted paracord tied around marble

w0pB6tO.jpg

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
You be much better off with a slingshot bolo n Shepard slings are horrendously inaccurate
Only in the hands of a novice. You get an expert in either and they can take small game without breaking into a sweat.

If they were horrendously inaccurate as you suggest then why have they been around for thousands of years?

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield
Only in the hands of a novice. You get an expert in either and they can take small game without breaking into a sweat.

If they were horrendously inaccurate as you suggest then why have they been around for thousands of years?
Any pics off successfully kills with 1? They are horrendously inaccurate and the game is scared off once it sees the swing rather use traps instead .

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield

War weapons mainly I’m not a novice Iv slinged for years.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Not sure what the persons working hours have to do with the topic?
i think what Kav is saying is he saw an expert use it accurately?!?

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
‘ Prove me wrong’ from the ignorant invariably results in studied and stubborn disbelief.
I have observed people from Patagonian Gauchos to Arctic Circle Inuit use bolos, throwing sticks and other hand thrown weapons to hunt. You might research the success rate of pack wolves. As an Archaeologist
I’ve enjoyed replicating tools and using them with moderate success.
For a person with questions, you seem to know everything via some Akashic blessing from New Age ascended masters.
I said ‘ I watched a Basque do this’ We have a long established Basque population in California.
It was 1959, high desert in winter.
Sorry, but a National Geographic Film Crew wasn’t present to film and I’m not on YouTube if they were.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toddy and Mesquite

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
And apologies to the original poster getting his thread hijacked. He did a fun paracord project. We made light humor and are now down a rabbithole with the concept of deflexive aiming and leading a moving target left above

Reactions: 1 pot hunter

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield
‘ Prove me wrong’ from the ignorant invariably results in studied and stubborn disbelief.
I have observed people from Patagonian Gauchos to Arctic Circle Inuit use bolos, throwing sticks and other hand thrown weapons to hunt. You might research the success rate of pack wolves. As an Archaeologist
For a person with questions, you seem to know everything via some Akashic blessing from New Age ascended masters.
I said ‘ I watched a Basque do this’ We have a long established Basque population in California.
Sorry, but a National Geographic Film Crew wasn’t present to film and I’m not on YouTube if they were.
Your a archaeologist but are u a Hunter? There lies the nuances slings are ridiculously powerfull n can kill people and horse sized animals easily I know I own 6 slings , I wouldn’t want to bet my dinner using 1 though there’s much more effective primitive/archaic means out there.

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield
Bolos work on ptarmigan in the Arctic there very dumb birds n stand there letting u take shots ,or fly off n come bk to the same spot they rely more on camouflage n staying put .My main point is bolos n shepard slings won’t get u v far hunting woodpigions n many other birds in this country who rely on flight n not camoflauge as a defensive mechanism .Most game here is gone as soon as they see your large swing , I could see this primitive method working on huge flocks off migrating geese but not much else.

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield
Not sure what the persons working hours have to do with the topic?
i think what Kav is saying is he saw an expert use it accurately?!?
I’m not in disagreement but personally I’d put the cordage to much better use for snares ect, let’s face it most off us are only weekend bush crafters mastering the sling takes time and dinner isn’t guaranteed .Iv notices a lot off American animals will sit in 1 spot n let u hurl projectiles at them spruce grouse and ptarmigan being 2 ,game over here is much to wise to wait for shots woodpigeons are out the tree as soon as they spot u.

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
P
I’m not in disagreement but personally I’d put the cordage to much better use for snares ect, let’s face it most off us are only weekend bush crafters mastering the sling takes time and dinner isn’t guaranteed .Iv notices a lot off American animals will sit in 1 spot n let u hurl projectiles at them spruce grouse and ptarmigan being 2 ,game over here is much to wise to wait for shots woodpigeons are out the tree as soon as they spot u.
How many Ptarmigan have you hunted? I have; USCG Kodiak Alaska and they use supreme seasonal camouflage that make hunting successfully a true test of
Outdoors skill. I might also note the presence of The worlds biggest brown bears only increases one’s
Awareness. My arms were a Winchester model 97 in 16 gauge and a Mauser 98 in .30-06 for bear defense. Proudly never needed.
I have, in fact gone upland hunting in the UK. I used a Holland and Holland side by side 28 gauge.
I shot an American Bison with a C Sharps .45-120. Owned a 60lb pull English yew longbow. Atl Atl bolos and slings. Oh, and M2 .50 in the service. I’m deadly with a fly swatter. The
I’m sure Docester hedgehogs tremble at your approach.
This was a lighthearted exchange about the OPs paracord project.
How your Walter Mitty hunting expertise became focus is lost to me. I am withdrawing. Sir, the field is yours

Last edited:

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield
P

How many Ptarmigan have you hunted? I have; USCG Kodiak Alaska and they use supreme seasonal camouflage that make hunting successfully a true test of
Outdoors skill. I might also note the presence of The worlds biggest brown bears only increases one’s
Awareness. My arms were a Winchester model 97 in 16 gauge and a Mauser 98 in .30-06 for bear defense. Proudly never needed.
I have, in fact gone upland hunting in the UK. I used a Holland and Holland side by side 28 gauge.
I shot an American Bison with a C Sharps .45-120. Owned a 60lb pull English yew longbow. Atl Atl bolos and slings. Oh, and M2 .50 in the service. I’m deadly with a fly swatter. The
I’m sure Docester hedgehogs tremble at your approach.
This was a lighthearted exchange about the OPs paracord project.
How your Walter Mitty hunting expertise became focus is lost to me. I am withdrawing. Sir, the field is yours
Iv shot more wood pigeons n rabbits in the head with just a slingshot than you could even imagine iff u can effectively hunt woodpigeons with a Shepard sling il give u this months wages.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE