Paracord bits n pieces

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Does anyone remember back in the 60,s the different coloured plastic in small bags sold in toy shops, made for this craft.
I had some and did a few things with them.
Going to give it a go with some paracord.

glyn77

Tenderfoot
Nov 29, 2009
Salford
Square sinnet ahoj:

2010-03-19121759.jpg

I've got a few more funky colours so expect more man knitting soon :)

Cheers,
Glyn.

glyn77

Tenderfoot
Nov 29, 2009
Salford
It keeps my hands busy and keeps the nicotine demons away (still smoking but cutting down in preparation for a FULL stop soon.... again). :)

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
It keeps my hands busy and keeps the nicotine demons away (still smoking but cutting down in preparation for a FULL stop soon.... again). :)

Aye, until you combine the two activities and make a slow match. :D

Question?

Is it still possible to buy the white paracord, that had the black and red threads in it? Each thread IIRC had a different strength/use.

Cheers

Liam

hatethatgiraffe

Forager
Jan 9, 2010
Glasgow
Took a long time to get to the stage I would be happy to post pics on the net lol
Once been doing it a while you get a feel for what you are doing and time taken decreases!
Trying something a bit different can see you back at square one lol

Dean

Mod
Mod
Jan 24, 2004
South Wales
www.facebook.com
The square ones with the beads are just an ordinary square knitted patter with a bead in the middle. I didn't see those as a tutorial but if you knit one up as a square Sinnet and then burn the ends and cut them really fine so that they fit through the bead (can take a few attempts and can be frustration ahoy) and then restart the sinnet patter again!
I like to mess about and see what I can come up with.
It's normally a trial and error process and to begin with its more error than anything ;)

Here's a web site to use for lot's of different patterns - yes - those Scoobies all the kids were making a while back, it all can be done with paracord.

Here's a link for the square pattern http://www.howtomakescoobies.com/basic2.htm

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE