Pair of Mini Svords

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Just a quick post. And yes it does involve MOT as all my posts seem to :)

After the Svord Peasant, I chatted to MOT and the Mini came up as a nice pocket size option. Well, here's my efforts.

I made a pair, one for me one for Sam :)

The handles are Wych Elm and a thin Beech spacer in the spine with brass pins and the original friction pivot reused.
Thoughts and comments gladly received

039183ae2969c400f60117c49528f754_zps556ecff1.jpg

e1369fcda9ea7a3c9557178d37959d6d_zpsc2114094.jpg

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
They look really good, I've been considering a Svord for a while. Might have to invest!

MikeCoats

Apr 10, 2013
Inverness, Scotland
Albus,

They look really great. I'm looking to mod my mini svord soon and I fancy doing something similar.

What do you use as your brass pins? Is it just brass rod stock cut to length or is it a bit cleverer than that? Do you epoxy them in place?

Mike

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
What a lovely pair. :lmao:

I was waiting for that, but I still laughed out load :)

Already a fixture in my pocket.

Folks this gent is one to keep an eye on I reckon

Thanks fella. A truer gent you could not find. Glad you like it :)

ooh i like them how much would one cost and would they class as legal EDC?

The Svord Mini is about £15 off a few sites. Then its what ever wood you sort and brass. Beyond that its time is your big investment. But it's fun to do (although these did cause me a few headaches), so I recommend having a go.
My understanding is its legal (given justification, etc) as the blades under 3" and its non locking. But I'm no expert.

Albus,

They look really great. I'm looking to mod my mini svord soon and I fancy doing something similar.

What do you use as your brass pins? Is it just brass rod stock cut to length or is it a bit cleverer than that? Do you epoxy them in place?

Mike

Yeh, 4mm brass rod just cut into lengths. I taper one end to ease its fitting. It's a snug fit but I put a bit of epoxy in to help seal it as I tap the pin home. The tricky bit is the thin spacer. I used beech to contrast, but its such a thin width needed its tricky. But I had no brass sheet of a suitable thickness so wood was the only option. But at under 2mm its fragile to work. However once glued its solid.

To everyone else, thankyou for the kind words. They are a nice little knife and I love the Elm. One day I may make a few more to see if I can get more efficient at it.

Last edited:

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
i was thinking more along the lines of how much would you charge to make me one :rolleyes:

Sorry mate. Totally missed your point :eek:

I have no idea. I've only ever made knives for me for fun. However Sam's a bad influence so the svords were a joint effort :). If you are interested, leave it with me and I'll see what wood I have left. I can get back to you over the weekend. I would have to buy a Svord for the blade so that would be the big cost.

PM me if you have any thoughts or ideas you want to discuss.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE