PAAS thank-you and contact details

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

palmnut

Forager
Aug 1, 2006
N51° W002°
I hope Tony will allow me this one short plug following our time at the Moot...

For all of those who asked me for contact details for the Prehistoric Archery and Atlatl Society (PAAS) at the Moot, all you need can be found here:

http://www.thepaas.org.uk

Before you get too excited though, please realise that we are a small group of like-minded individuals (some more individual than others ;-) with a shared interest in prehistoric weapon technologies who get together a few times a year to make, talk, experiment, shoot and swap stories - don't expect a huge amount of [any] organisation from us ;-) That said, we do get to meet, demonstrate and sleep over in some cool places such as Butser Ancient Farm, Flag Fen, Cresswell Crags and my local haunt, the Cranborne Ancient Technology Centre. If you have an active interest in these technologies or feel able to contribute knowledge or experience in any way then contact us via the website - you'll be made welcome.

We sincerely hope to see you all again next year when we will hopefully come prepared to run workshops on arrow making, Dutch arrows, atlatl and dart making, slings and sling making and anything else we can think of in the mean time. Hopefully we'll also be able to run archery, atlatl, knife throwing and hawk throwing have-a-goes too.

My thanks for your kind words of appreciation during the event and at the final morning prayers.

Peter

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I think you guys classes were absolutely brilliant... it was so good to have such experienced pointers and the the background to the weapons and designs were really interesting! Joined the group and am hoping to find some good donor branches at our local meet woods so I can scare the husband.... ;)

palmnut

Forager
Aug 1, 2006
N51° W002°
A weekend in the woods making and using lethal projectile weapons and then sitting around the fire with your mates and a beer or two in the evening. What's there not to love about that?

;-)

Peter

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE