P90X OR INSANITY Anyone?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Anzia

Nomad
Sep 25, 2012
Derbyshire
My friend did Insanity and she said it's a killer, but she definitely got good results. Visible inches lost from waist and thighs and a lot more toned. (I'm a wimp... went for 30 Day Shred and quit on day 4... twice! :p )

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
Any workout that features multiple exercises performed set to set with no break in between is going to very quickly improve the look of your body. Just keep the heart rate high and the week to week consistency and you'll achieve what you want. Did I mention diet is 90% of the effort?

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Did the p90x for a while, it was hardcore!! but enjoyed it.

Then stopped for some reason cant remember why now. Might go and dig that out.

Thanks for the reminder lol

Dave

ph5172

Forager
Feb 13, 2010
Coventry
I have tried both.
Don't try any of them if you have bad or weak joints!!! (its all explosive compound exercises)

What i will say is it takes a week ish to get used to the exercises to be able to do them properly without having to look at the screen or workout what position to get into next. Once you know the exercises and sequences it becomes a lot easier.

The Insanity uses your own body weight as the resistance whereas P90X uses things like a bull up bar, weights, bands or medicine balls and is no use without them.

I usually make it to about week 2, mainly because i get bored (its just not my method of training) but those that stick with it usually do it month after month.

Go for Insanity unless you want to spend as much again on equipment.

Have a look on Google Videos, i'm sure there are quick snippits of the training and some before and after type videos, you can use this info to make your choice.

chris_irwin

Nomad
Jul 10, 2007
oxfordshire
I've tried out the insanity work out, just doing the fitness test nearly killed me, and I wouldn't call myself particularly unfit. Mind you, I wouldn't say i'm that fit either!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE