"Outback"

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

KELindblad

Settler
Jul 20, 2009
Sweden
knives.dreamlandproject.se
My first own blade, steel UHB15LM hair popping sharp with stabilized birch scales. This is big for me, an old dream have come true. Thanks for looking :)

117_3.jpg

117_4.jpg

Cheers,
Karl-Erik

KELindblad

Settler
Jul 20, 2009
Sweden
Thanks!

That block of stabilized birch did not look much for the world unsanded, but inside a treasure was hidden :)

This is a sturdy user with steel thickness of 4,2mm and I think it will do it´s duty well.

Cheers,
Karl-Erik

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Excellent work KE. Glad you kept on with the blades.
Thats just lovley work all round.

KELindblad

Settler
Jul 20, 2009
Sweden
Hi and thanks for all feedback, much appreciated!

Regarding the scales, No I have not stabilized them myself, this particular block of stab wood came along with others I bought from a "retired" knifemaker, and he said they all where stabilized in the states. That I can confirm regarding the weight of the blocks they are heavy and probably they used a high dense fluid in the process.

I have always enjoyed designing new shapes, this one is the 3rd generation as I said before a mix of two earlier models the Shark and Dolphin fulltang blades. It is a very nice feeling working on a knife that I have made the blade of myself, nothing compares to that and this one is number 117 I have made in the past 2 years so I have a few to compare with :)

I am planning to use more of my own blades in my knifes further on, it really gives me a kick, like a bunch of butterflyes in the chest. I guess you know what I mean :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE