Out with the Woodlore Pro

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kernelpanic

Apr 7, 2017
West Yorkshire
Hi Guys,

Thought for my 1st post I would put up I knife I have been using since Dec Last year. I hit the ripe old age of 40 late dec last year and my wife got me a Woodlore Pro for my birthday. I made the decision pretty early on to use it and not leave in a draw :)
At the moment the knives I use when out (depending on requirement and where I am) are:

1. Alan Wood Woodlore Profile knife with polished stag antler handles
2. Woodlore Pro
3. EKA Slipjoint (for when I cant carry locking/fixed)
4. EKA Lock knife (either Normark Big Swede or EKA Swede 92)

Last week I took kids out for a walk to woods to collect some sticks for easter bonnet and to tap a birch tree with kids. Also used Opportunity to give the Woodlore Pro some more use.
All in all I really like the Woodlore Pro, only downside so far is handle is a little thin than what im used to on my Alan Wood, so gives me a few hot spots with prolonged use. Also I find the edge angle better than my other Scandi knives but the edge seems more prone to chipping.

I will try to insert some pics in the post when I figure out how to. Ive managed to upload the pics so far :)

If anyone has any questions on how the Woodlore Pro handles in the field or has any questions please let me know.

Cheers
Kev

Attachments

• IMG_1105.jpg
    IMG_1105.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1139.jpg
    IMG_1139.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1146.jpg
    IMG_1146.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1114.jpg
    IMG_1114.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1127.jpg
    IMG_1127.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1129.jpg
    IMG_1129.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0457.jpg
    IMG_0457.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1147.jpg
    IMG_1147.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1115.jpg
    IMG_1115.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1118.jpg
    IMG_1118.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
what a knife!
very nice
The only thing I never understood is why the very respected Ray, never designed the Woodlores, with the grind all the way up till the handle, Puukko style, because thats a great place for carving (starting a cut etc).

kernelpanic

Apr 7, 2017
West Yorkshire
Agreed my Alan Wood knifes going gs very close to the handl making it great for carving. Not sure why the grind starts so far from the handle on this one :(

kernelpanic

Apr 7, 2017
West Yorkshire
Been out in the woods again with the Woodlore Pro today. After having another sharpen on the water stones the edge seems more stable and less chippy :)
Also for the first time ever found a bunch or about 6 cramp balls :) so I took 2 and left the rest, but will remember where they are and check back in a few years

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE