Out for a paddle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
Sorry Hoodoo, but this reminds me of the bloke who was arrested in the Highlands for killing and eating an Osprey.

He was taken up in front of the sheriff at Inverness, and, realising he was caught bang to rights, he pleaded guilty but argued that he had mitigating circumstances. The Sheriff accepted the guilty plea but wanted to hear the mitigation before deciding upon a sentence.

"Well, your Honour" says our hero. " I was broke and living rough.. I was walking though the Highlands hoping to find work. I had set up camp by a riverside when I saw this Osprey catch a nice big trout. I grabbed a stone from the river and chucked it, thinking I could make the bird drop the trout. Unfortunately, in my malnourished state, my aim was faulty and I killed the Osprey. I was quite upset about killing such a beautiful bird but felt it would be an even worse crime for it's death to be a total waste. So I ate the fish and then the Osprey."

The Sheriff thought for a monent and then gave his judgement, a conditional discharge was the proper course of action. Now the Sheriff was a keen, if lurking member of BCUK, and his curiosity got the better of him:

" Before you go," he said " I can't miss this opportunity to hear what you thought of the eating qualities of that bird?"

"Well your honour" our hero again, " It was quite fishy, nowhere near as strong or gamey as Golden Eagle but much better eating than muddy old Red Kite"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE