Optimus Nova - Ribz

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
first up an optimus nova. old type rather than the new green plastic carp. £50 posted

next a folding fire box stove. lightly used with a nice patina. ash pan underneath and slots for the supplied pot rests everywhere. no fuss hinged stove thats up in a flash and packs very flat.

£40 posted - comes with cotton bag not pictured

info here http://www.fireboxstove.com/camp-stoves/5-inch-folding-firebox

Lastly for now a full size set of Ribz. Ideal for when you need just a bit more room in your pack. used once in Norway for a few days until i could get everything inside the pack. very handy carryon for the plane too.

£30 posted

Last edited:

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
THe Ribz - not only can you carry them on - I wore mine fully-loaded (about 6kg in it if I remember correctly), so was able to take a rucksack as carry-on as well.

I find them really useful - don't interfere with a rucksack, and you can carry all your quick access gear in them.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
i bow to Rik on this one. will need converting though and id want it in a 25 rather than a 27

Not melted one yet using Omnifuel, Nova, 111T and cheap Chinese 'Booster'; you'd melt an empty pan but you won't put an empty pan on the stove will you.

They all work well, nice to have the option of using it 'stand alone'. The best winter stove setup you can get...fantastic, go for it and you won't regret it. Seriously, don't worry about melting a Trangia. I've set up the Chinese Booster in a Trangia running gas for my daughter to use and at full belt on gas its like a furnace and its still OK.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I'll take the Ribz, please................let me have your PP details and I'll do the neccessary..........................

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Oh Bolleaux, I've just seen at the top that this has been withdrawn.......................................5h1te!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE