Opening wine bottles in the field

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Saw this on BB and thought it worth posting here. No doubt a few people have been caught without their SAKs and with wine bottle. Here's a simple yet genius way of sorting it out.

[video]http://www.wimp.com/wineshoe/[/video]

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
That's clever, must remember not to try it over the axminster though

We once took a case of wine to a festival and forgot the bottle opener, we ended up just braying the corks back into the bottle with a tent peg. It was a good excuse to finish every bottle once it was opened. :)

Last edited:

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I love that shoe thing & must give that a go some time. It makes you wonder how drunk the guy who thought of it must have been to come up with that one... I have done the 'push the cork in' method many a time & have seen corks pulled out with pliers after a suitable wood screw has been put into it.

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
The fact that the person in the video is opening a bottle of red wine and wearing a white jumper is testiment to the fact that they were exremely confident it would work without the contents splashing all over !!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
It does work really well. Unfortunately I now have black heel marks on the wall which I had to cover with the back of a chair before the missus sees it. Must sort that out when I get back.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE