Op Site Spray

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Not really for outdoor use BOD as it gives a 'coating' to skin and if its mucky to start with all your doing is sealing the muck in so I'd say no to the spray.

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
I use it in clinic routinely.

It helps adhesion of primary dressing tape to the skin surface. A bit like a second skin blister type dressing. You spray it on and it leaves a sticky film that helps adhesion.

I really wouldn't spray this on any broken skin directly as it stings.

Hope this helps.

I wouldn't bother carrying it in a First Aid Kit - more weight for very little purpose to be honest.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I carry a small bottle of Collodion under the product name "New Skin" by Germolene in this country.

It is manually applied with a dipper included under the cap rather than the spray product you are enquiring about but it serves well for small cuts and abrasions and very well for blisters in my opinion.

Of course the usual caveats about clean wounds apply but I have used it for many years with good results.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE