Neosporin USA

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
Ok as the name says i know you can get in the UK but from people buying or bring it over , i have a friend state saide who is looking up the 2 we want to try neosporin + lidocaine and neosporin + pain relief cream , i am just wondering who here has used it and what do you think , as my friend does or has sent me triple antibiotic ointments in the past and i love them .
Ok well again if i get more than my fair share from her sending and have extras i will pop them on the swap page as a freebie as i say never hurts to share what we don't need

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
Be careful with lidnocaine,it's prescription only in the U.K.It is a pain reliever,but it also constricts blood vessels,it should be used under advice.Hope this helps.
Hi thank you for the heads up , see this is why i asked my wife was a dental nurse for years fully qualified , the reason for the lidnocaine one was i am on a blood thinner and bleed like the saying says a stuck pig , growing up my blood healed fast cuts and wounds but now not so , i also got the powder med that you pour on wounds to stop bleeding but the lidnocaine was mainly with regard to thep ain relief as well , thank you for the heads up i will lookl at it again .
Also @billycoen my friend was saying do i need anitbiotics lol because over in the states she can get them off the shelf here well what a nightmare to get , i guess i will have ot make lists lol , we have a huge medical set up even to the point of a full surgical set because i may not be able to use it to operate but in a **** world i am sure someone would need it and if i have one makes me of use in the community .

My wife and i are both disabled i can still do work stuff on a good day so to sepak but i have knowledge of carpentry and also growing fruti and veg that we hope would make a community want us in it , plus i am a fairly good cook none of the chef rubbish 2 little bits on a plate i mean a stew or cassorle that has you rubbing your belly after going how the hell did i eat it all .

Thanks again for the pointer see this is why we need to ask and past knowledge on folks

Reactions: billycoen

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
Over use of antibiotics is a major contributing factor to the emergence of drug resistant strains of bacteria. I would be very hesitant to use antibiotic cream (neosporin) for prophylactic treatment of minor wounds, just clean it with water and keep it dressed if it needs it.

Sent from underground

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
@gg012 i do full agree over use of antibiotics can be a problem but we are preppers by and large and the point of that is being prepared , now while i look at alternatives to modern meds my wife and i have major health issues and in a **** world iwant to knowi can reach in to the med chest ofwhich it is huge i do mean huge the ambulance lady that came here once i asked her for some pointers said jesus you are better equiped than our ambulance , see these creams may seem over kill to you but think about it , the way the NHS is going lets say it does collapse and you have a kid that has a real nasty deep cut you celan it but it was on a rusty wire so all washed and dried a little smear of an antibiotic cream after you have used say butterfly stictches to close the cut and then a meopaue patch on top is not going to do any harm as far as i can see .
I do agree oral antibiotics over use is a big issue but again in a **** world i want to be ready thanks for your imput

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
Absolutely, but I prefer iodine etc due to improved shelf life and simpler storage requirements than creams.

Sent from underground

Reactions: crosslandkelly

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
Absolutely, but I prefer iodine etc due to improved shelf life and simpler storage requirements than creams.

Sent from underground
I fully undersatnd but again i like to cover all bases , in life i am a TCP addict my wife tells me because if i got cut well long stories but lets say boiling water and tcp are my go to for a septic wound .
The tubes of creams and oniments i got before had a 5 year shelf life so again these will be good for the medical chest .
thanks again

Reactions: gg012

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
Ah, 5 years is a pretty good shelf life! I didn't realise.

Sent from underground

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
HI yes some are even better but i am hoping this batch have a good life but again if kept sealed and unopened i hope they should stay good stored in a cool place in the medical chest , we use the large bright orange tool boxes as our first aid kit and as i have said in one kit we have a full surgical set and dental stuff and other stuff , i know i will never do and op but in a world where things can go bad if i have a kit and someone i knew or met was a doctor or nurse or even a vet if there was an emergancy and no medicla well as the saying goes i would rather have it and not use it than not have it and need it .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE