One of us on Radio 2....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I alwys thought of him as a bit like Terry Wogan.

Someone new for you to bow to Pete (you coming to the pub in a few days BTW?)

Red

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
I shall get there if I can Red. Going over to see Kevin this saturday, so not sure if I am gonna be back in time...

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
you didnt mention how dangerous it was Jon and how living a bronze age diet means constant risk of slicing your fingers off. ;)

Nice one though matey. Glad to hear your enjoying a bit of trout now ;)

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
you didnt mention how dangerous it was Jon and how living a bronze age diet means constant risk of slicing your fingers off. ;)
That was from getting my modern axe (with a loose mask) out of my bag, as you well know....
Nice one though matey. Glad to hear your enjoying a bit of trout now ;)

Well maybe I did exaggerate a bit......;) I was amazed at the taste though....

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Now, when I was in the Forces, something like that meant you had to get the beers in. I hope you've got a big bank account, 'cos there's a lot of beers to get in here!

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
That was from getting my modern axe (with a loose mask) out of my bag, as you well know....

Well maybe I did exaggerate a bit......;) I was amazed at the taste though....

:D

Ah, nah your right. The fish was actually very good. I much prefer fresh water fish to sea fish.

And yeah, was just teasing re the cut, and to be fair it wasn't your fault in the slightest.

Well done for getting on air through. :cool:

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Tell us (well, me) more about this primitive cooking course a few of you went on :)

Hi Jodie,

The course was organised as, I think, a one of for the 10 of us. It was run at the Weald and Downland Open Air museum in Singleton, north of Chichester.

It was based around bronze age technology, so bronze axes and bronze or flint knives, wood or clay utensils etc etc, and only the food items that are presumed/known to have been available and used back then.

I have some pics of the day here (Beware, pics include some game prep and raw and cooked meat photos):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andyn_pics/sets/72157600476602704/

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Tell us (well, me) more about this primitive cooking course a few of you went on :)

Hi Jodie....A few of us went to the weald and downland open air museam on a primative cooking course. We had to prepare the food (ducks, woodcock, deer and trout) and cook it. We used cooking methods that were proberbly used around the time of the bronze age, so meat was cut using flint tools and bronze blades. The trout was baked in clay straight in the embers. the deer was cooked in a pot with an amazingly good gravey, the woodcock breasts were cooked on a stone that was supported on another fire and the ducks were supposed to of been cooked in a hide that had water and hot rocks put into it, but the course leader was worried about rocks exploding so we used some old cannon balls instead....Trouble was they got too hot in the fire and burnt straight through the hide letting the water out and ruining the hide, so we tried wooden bowls instead and ended up roasting the meat over the fire. We made some drop scones too, not sure on the ingredients, but had wild berrys in. Mead was also being passed around....
All in all, a great day out, and if you ask Andyn nicely, he might stick some photo's up...

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Now, when I was in the Forces, something like that meant you had to get the beers in. I hope you've got a big bank account, 'cos there's a lot of beers to get in here!

Well I ain't in the forces Spam, but I will buy you a drink or two when we meet soon.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE