One of those days.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Got out for the first time in a while today. Wanted to test my new tarp out, and take some photos. Got to my chosen location, took the tarp out my pack, looked into the empty backpack, noticed that I had forgotten the pegs. Swore loudly. Rummaged for my knife. Then realised my Every Day Carry knife is sat on my desk at home... *headdesk*

It's one of those days...

Julia

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
jaws-stick.jpg

I blame the unseasonally nice weather, we're all to busy making sure we packed the sun block :)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
You need more knives Julia, there's really no excuse not to. ;)

I've had a similar day. Drove to the shop, no wallet in pocket, drove home and got it, card reader didn't 'read' the card (it's been a bit iffy recently). Drove home for my replacement card and back to shop, card wasn't activated yet. Drove to where I had phone signal to phone the bank. Went back to shop, job done :)

Took up a fair bit of my day, lessons learned and all that.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Lurch was played by Ted Cassidy in the original Addams Family series.

Yeah, I knew that. What I didn't know was if he'd passed away or not. After looking him up I've learned that was quite a while back when he died.

I also learned than my info about them being brothers was incorrect.

backpacker

Forager
Sep 3, 2010
Eastbourne, East Sussex
Got out for the first time in a while today. Wanted to test my new tarp out, and take some photos. Got to my chosen location, took the tarp out my pack, looked into the empty backpack, noticed that I had forgotten the pegs. Swore loudly. Rummaged for my knife. Then realised my Every Day Carry knife is sat on my desk at home... *headdesk*

It's one of those days...

Julia

Julia,
I have had days like that you get out of bed knowing exactly what you want to do for the day and from the start it all goes horribly wrong from start to finish! :confused: and you wished you never got out of bed in the first place.......:( oh happy days..........

Mack13

Jul 15, 2013
Wiltshire
Could see that coming but it still made me chuckle.

Julia, always have a spare knife in the base of your 'go-to' backpack.. and where was your axe? No axe? We all have those days :D

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Thanks for all the replies. I do need more knives. The only reason I don't leave one in my pack all the time is my pack is also my handbag, so it goes with me everywhere. Knife law in this country is rather silly and I don't want to have to argue with some jobsworth who thinks that I shouldn't be carrying knives everywhere...

As for the axe, well I was out for a walk to pick sloes, so didn't really think to take an axe with me... I even forgot my coat. I just had a pile of icecream tubs, a bottle of water, a copy of food for free, and my tarp (sans pegs).

Will have to see if I can get out this week to try the tarp out.

Julia

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE