One mans rubbish......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AuldJum

Forager
Sep 18, 2011
Fife
Had to make a visit to the skip today to offload some stuff.

While i was there i noticed a brown leather couch someone had dumped, so i offered to take it, i also got a whole heap of wire coathangers which have infinite uses and a heck of a lot of lorry canvas.

Now i have loads of leather for pouches, moccasins etc, canvas for pack repairs, bags etc and the coathangers alll for free!

How cool is that?

What have you found dumped that you made into gear?

Jim

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Rescued from a recycling yard, a document case somewhat like a large school satchel.

Which was cut into two bits and sewn back together using the original dividers to make....

Image0141.jpg

My man bag! and a spare long pouch.

Ogri the trog

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Ooh - we haven't had a wombling thread in a goodly while.

This should be good.

Only thing I've had recently is a load of wood from the heath which was cut down to make space for a fence. - After a couple of weeks I decided I'd haul it home.
Been taking bits ever since.

Andy

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
I got a Vango Force Ten for a fiver from the local recycling place. Its a great tent.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
leather jackets from charity shops are usually my favourite.

however.. my uncle worked in at a local dump for years and in that time had found loads of amazing things. He said he found 3 swords that he sold on for £90 each at a antique shop, old jewelry box that was locked but actually contained a gold necklace he sold for £200 and loads of other antiques he later sold on.

he told a funny story of how they found some 'vibrating adult toys' and had 'vibrating adult toy' races in the bottom of a skip!

one guy even found a suitcase full of leather bondage gear (and a flat cap!) that he took home and sold on ebay..

:lmao:

Last edited:

WhereAmI?

Jun 7, 2011
Liverpool
Someone dumped a load of what appeared to be scrap metal at my allotment site. In it, I found a 14 inch machete all rusted up and looking a bit sorry for itself which could still go through a two inch branch despite the state it was in. I cleaned it up with my rotary tool and put a nice edge back on it. It's not perfect but is just as good as a new one and of course, free! They also dumped a galvanised bucket (expensive new), a hatchet that needs cleaning up and re-wedged and an 18 inch auger with an eye in the end that I use as a ground anchor and is very effective.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE