One for the whisky drinkers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Waterworx

Nomad
Nov 22, 2009
Cornwall
Simply, what would you say is the best way to consume?

Got given a bottle last crimbo, even though they knew I don't drink the stuff. And I'm no longer allowed beer or lager but can have the odd snippet of whisky (I've not yet worked that one out), seems a shame for it to be sat all alone so thought I'd crack it open and give it a go.

:beerchug:

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
if its not Scottish single malt its probably best just to throw it out, for health and safety reasons like.

If it is a single malt, send it to me and I shall ease your suffering and you won't have to bear looking at it anymore. After which I shall most likely confirm that it is best served at about room temperature with a dash of water in it.

:bigok:

Waterworx

Nomad
Nov 22, 2009
Cornwall
if its not Scottish single malt its probably best just to throw it out, for health and safety reasons like.

If it is a single malt, send it to me and I shall ease your suffering and you won't have to bear looking at it anymore. After which I shall most likely confirm that it is best served at about room temperature with a dash of water in it.

Dalmore 12 yr old single malt, mean anything in the whisky world?

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire

Agreed, if it's a blend then chuck some Canada dry in it and chug away, filthy stuff. If it's a single, then mix it 50/50 with room temperature water (if you're in a hard water area then use bottled water) - if that sounds a waste, then try a drop neat, then try it diluted, the water releases all the flavour. Experiment with different dilutions to find what works for you.

Btw, which whisky is it?

Waterworx

Nomad
Nov 22, 2009
Cornwall
Agreed, if it's a blend then chuck some Canada dry in it and chug away, filthy stuff. If it's a single, then mix it 50/50 with room temperature water (if you're in a hard water area then use bottled water) - if that sounds a waste, then try a drop neat, then try it diluted, the water releases all the flavour. Experiment with different dilutions to find what works for you.

Btw, which whisky is it?

Right, now where's my pint glass. :D

Will give it a whirl

Dalmore 12 yr old single malt

Btw, which whisky is it?

What he / they said.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Without a doubt the best way to consume said bottle would be sitting round a fire with a couple of good mates and passing it round taking turns to have heart warming glugs.

Waterworx

Nomad
Nov 22, 2009
Cornwall
My doctor told me the same no beer but you can drink whisky!! wierd..

Anyhow single malts are great I love them!

But only one glass at a time and no more than three in an evening!!

mmmm think ill pour one now!

Not supposed to have anything with wheat, grains and loads of other stuff, when I found hops was in the list I nearly cried.

timboggle

Nomad
Nov 1, 2008
Hereford, UK
A quote from "The Quiet Man":

Mary Kate Danaher: Could you use a little water in your whiskey?
Michaleen Flynn: When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water.

very, very true

I was listening to the 'whisky expert' on the Chris Evans show the other day, he said something very much along the same lines, I'm sure they were all mullered on Radio 2 that day with all the samples they got through !!

Rich mate, your spot on

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE