On Death Cap Spreading and Poisoning Treatment

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Now that was an interesting article :)

Thank you for the link :cool:

Might be worth seeing if we can figure out how to store such articles on the site.

atb,
M

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Great article find. I was of the understanding that the usual treatment was large amounts of Antibiotics which may help? If this compound works in larger trials it will be a triumph of medical research!

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
That is an interesting article. Death caps arent that common. I can count my own sightings on one hand. Merthyr mawr has them growing with conifers on the dune edge. All my other sightings are with oak woods.

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
It is an interesting article for sure. Deathcaps have another deathly poison in them than amatoxins alone though. Phalloidin, that was named after them, binds and freezes the actin cytoskeleton, effectively freezing the cell and killing it. Even if the effect of amatoxins can be countered with this treatment (which is fantastic) I wonder what the damage by phalloidin is after ingesting one.

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
milk thistle has been used for hundreds of years as a liver protector, especially on the continent. I used to take it regularly myself until I was made unemployed and unfortunately cannot now afford it !

cheers Andrew.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
milk thistle has been used for hundreds of years as a liver protector, especially on the continent. I used to take it regularly myself until I was made unemployed and unfortunately cannot now afford it !

cheers Andrew.

I always thought the properties of milk thistle weren't very medically proven, and more it sort of made you feel better, in the way herbal tonics do. Sort of like tumeric cleans the blood or nettle is an afrodisac. Looking up on google scholar , milk thistle speeds up liver repair and changes how the liver membranes work so they get less damage. Good stuff. I am not suprised it works on death cap poisoning, now reading up on it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE