Old Hatchets to restore and handle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Great work all real workers. So what you going to do with them all? Certainly not judging I have far too many bows for instance.. and axes and tools in general :rolleyes:

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Thanks for the comments guys.

Looks great I think the first think they get used to teach ....is how to make a replacement helve!

Cheers Red, I guess they will :)
I need to make a new handle for my Maul, so I'll be making that nice and smooth.

Great work all real workers. So what you going to do with them all? Certainly not judging I have far too many bows for instance.. and axes and tools in general :rolleyes:

Thanks dwardo. They're for teaching. I'll be running my third year of carving courses this year indoors and out in the woods, so an axe each with a few left handers in there. Takes the pressure off the others Ive got too.

Last edited:

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Fantastic thread as mentioned above thanks for taking the time to post this up. This really should be the starting point for anyone new to bushcraft to restore an axe rather than a shop bought effort. It really is great fun restoring things!

Jomo

Tenderfoot
Aug 30, 2012
banbury
really nice to see those old heads getting put back into use. I watched a great documentary all about the woodsmans ax covering rehandling and safe usage to choosing the right helve and sharpening correctly. ''An axe to grind'' its on youtube if anyone is interested, watch it you won't be disappointed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE