old canvas tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 8, 2006
Plymouth
My father in law was throwing out the old family tent, it,s no good for camping anymore, besides having no poles. I was wondering what I can use the canvas for most of it looks ok.
Oh and its that ORANGE colour old tents used to come in.

Cheers

Adrian

Realbark

Aimless Wanderer
Jan 18, 2011
South Lincs UK
Ground to Air Signalling marker. Signalling that you have no taste in tents :). Seriously, you could either refurb and use it or cut it up and make stuff from the canvas if its decent still. Pouches et al............

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
My father in law was throwing out the old family tent, it,s no good for camping anymore, besides having no poles. I was wondering what I can use the canvas for most of it looks ok.
Oh and its that ORANGE colour old tents used to come in.

Cheers

Adrian

You've not looked at folk like Vaude, MSR, Vango et al, Orange is in again :)

What make/model of 'old' tent is yours?

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Before you start making things try ripping the canvas. You don't need to go berserk; just find a raw edge, near a corner say, and see how easily it tears. Much old tent canvas, whilst appearing in good order, is in fact sha99ed out. If it tears easily, its only really any good for rags and wipes.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE