Oh no, christmas is ruined.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
A few of my fellow boyeurs and i met this morning to discuss our plans for our chistmas supper. We came to the decision that our beast of choice would be the red grouse. It then occured to me that today (10 december) marks the end of the the bushcraft hunting season for grouse. As noon has past, and dusk draws close, i am left thinking there will be little hope of catching a grouse so late into the day. I took a short walk through the bush today only managing to slay one small rabbit. Things arent looking good and it seems that my chances of tasting a tender wood roast grouse on christmas day is dying.
Does anyone know anywhere else i could gather a red grouse?

Thanks BNPB - Boatnose 'Forest habitant' Panbow

thankyou lannyman8, your words of wisdom are valuable to me and my bush friends. i shall try the game dealer and if not, may have to settle for partridge, this time of the year, such fowl are running around the ditches like field mice to a dead kestrel carcus.
also, have you seem my poem that i wrote when i joined the site? its really good and called an ode to my bow
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82000&highlight=boatnose

Please leave your thoughts on my bowem,

thanks, BNPB

Your long life as a bushmen would tell you that there aren't any grouse in the Chilterns. They need heather moorland.

To bowlander, kind sir, I am currently in Berwick with an old friend of whom I am sharing my Christmas with. My home is the chilterns just south west of Dunstable sir. I hope this resolves your foolish misunderstanding.
Thanks, bnpb

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
A few of my fellow boyeurs and i met this morning to discuss our plans for our chistmas supper. We came to the decision that our beast of choice would be the red grouse. It then occured to me that today (10 december) marks the end of the the bushcraft hunting season for grouse. As noon has past, and dusk draws close, i am left thinking there will be little hope of catching a grouse so late into the day. I took a short walk through the bush today only managing to slay one small rabbit. Things arent looking good and it seems that my chances of tasting a tender wood roast grouse on christmas day is dying.
Does anyone know anywhere else i could gather a red grouse?

Thanks BNPB - Boatnose 'Forest habitant' Panbow

My apologies, your very eloquent first post seemed to suggest that you were hunting for grouse and had to settle for a small rabbit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE