Oh Canada.....!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Greetings all, just thought I would say hello from BATUS in Canada, the site looks very busy at the moment, hope you are all well, have good weather and are enjoying your spare time out doing what you want to do before the bad weather comes back.

I will be back in Germany in the next few weeks, the Prairie is like nothing I have ever seen. I think I've seen a handful of trees and loads of grass!! We had terrible weather for the first week or two, torrential rain that never stopped and turned the whole prairie intio a muddy slippery quagmire, now we have the heat and mosquitos everywhere!!

I haven't really done any bushcraft out here, although I've showed a few things to my crewman as our wagon keeps breaking down!!

Anyway, I am going to have a browse around the site for the next 15 minutes, before my money runs out (public access booth!) everyone take care and i'll catch up after MedMan.

Cheers

Spamel

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yeah, the weather in Canada at the moment is all weird, lots of flooding, storms, cold winds etc which is quite out of the norm for late June....

hi Spamel.
I was out at Wainwright CFB on Exercise Pond jump west in 1999 and the mosquitos were an absolute nightmare.
A mate of mine told us all to eat alot of bread as it protected you against the bleeders and it worked!
I think that it is to do with the yeast as marmite has the same effect.

Enjoy yourself on your adventure training in the Rockies if you get the chance.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
stotRE said:
hi Spamel.
I was out at Wainwright CFB on Exercise Pond jump west in 1999 and the mosquitos were an absolute nightmare.
A mate of mine told us all to eat alot of bread as it protected you against the bleeders and it worked!
I think that it is to do with the yeast as marmite has the same effect.

Enjoy yourself on your adventure training in the Rockies if you get the chance.
Rather suck slugs than eat marmite though :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE