Nova Craft SP3 17ft "Fleet Disposal" Heads Up!l

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I don't think this has been posted already, apologies if it has!:eek:

Anyway, Derwentwater Marina are selling off their "fleet" of Nova Craft SP3 17ft Canadian canoes, at £490 each.

http://www.derwentwatermarina.co.uk/

Note: These are not the "standard" SP3, which is apx 15ft 6in in length.

I've no idea what state they're in but the price seems fair for a scuffed about SP3, as long as there is no serious gouging or other damage. Nova Craft are excellent quality, bomb proof in SP3 and paddle really well, the SP3's being "prospectors" and so pretty good "all rounder" boats.

A snag is the weight of course, but anyone looking for a bombproof, tandem tripping/touring boat could do a great deal worse at the price. I would not advise anyone buying one for solo trips, unless of course you will always have someone to help with the manhandling.

I've no connections with the seller by the way.;)

ps: Just checked by phone, they've got 5 available, 4 green and 1 red, all fitted with 3 seats, although they might have the carrying thwarts stashed somewhere. They've been on hire for the last three seasons, so have scratches and scuffs etc but "nothing outrageous" as far as damage goes.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE