Nov '07 Midlands Meet.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
There are free showers on site if you'd like to come for part of the weekend :D
You have my apologies Mike; my timing on dates haven't been very convenient for you have they. We can only hope that it'll be third time lucky.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Well, we're booked - just waiting on confirmation. *Hopefully* for this Meet we'll be directly accross the main track from the pitch we used a couple of weeks back - same distance to the water tap but a shorter, more direct trip to the toilets :D .

Anyone got any questions? (Erm...relating to this thread - I don't intend making that mistake again :D )

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I've just had confirmation that the pitch is booked.

Orca, xylaria : I don't know whether you'll be under tarps but if you are then there should be a better choice of trees this time. There's space to decide where to pitch your tents this time too.

Orca19

Oct 25, 2007
Hi guys

Yep- have just taken delivery of new tarp- 3m x 3m with anti-squirrel coating and built-in I-pod holder :naughty:

Will have to join muster on Saturday morning- as work has just come in for Friday despite telling admin to keep it free :banghead:

but looking forward to meeting up with every one (save me a tree to pitch m'hammock someone!!!)- Haven't be here before so, do I ask at the gate or just try and find you all? :)

Finally, thank you Decorum for setting this up, greatly appreciated:beerchug:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hi Orca,

As I mentioned above I'll PM my mobile number to any of those attending closer to the date - but only on request (either on here or by PM) - then all you'd need do is give me a bell on arrival. If you get no signal then just pop your head into either the Providore (shop), reception or crew building and ask for directions to Phil (Him who sharpens things) - or mention BcUK; I've put in a little bit of effort to get this forum known by the site's crew ;) .

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
The thread's been quiet for a while, so it must be time to bump it.
Looking forward to meeting you all (and just for skint: again :D ).

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Thank you all for a very pleasant weekend. Looking forward to the next Meet already :D .

I found a funky fungus after you'd gone xylaria.
Although I picked it up in order to take the photo I did put it back where I'd found it (base of the stump in the pic in amongst the leaf litter). Now I *think* I know which genus it is but what do you reckon?
s2020002ayl6.jpg

S

Siecroz

Hi chaps

Im based on Northampton and looking for a meet to go to that isnt too far from the brick thing I call home. (I think you meet up near Coventry which is ideal)

A Complete newbie to meets, and not really sure what goes on or what (if anything) I would be able to contribute, but have done a fair bit of camping before.

Are you planning on getting together anytime soon, and would you welcome 1 or 2 outsiders tagging along?

Cheers

Sie

:thanks:
:)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hi Sie,

Firstly, my appologies for the length of time that it has taken me to respond.

There will, I hope :D, be further Meets next year but no definate plans at this moment. It's possible that there *may* be a Meet late winter or early spring 2008.
Meets tend to involve as much or as little activity as you want. You can chill out all weekend or you can practice/ hone skills (or possibly a bit of both). Depending on who is there you may come away with new stuff to get your head around.

The only constraints that I can think at the moment are that each person is suitable to be around children, that attendees take full resposibility for themselves and their actions (and for any dependants and their actions) and that anyone under the age of 18 has someone on site who is responsible for them. Oh.... and reasonable behaviour :D .

S

Siecroz

:D Hi Decorum

thanks for getting back to me. Fully understand what you mean. I'm a cadet instructor (including enhanced CRB checked), and also a Dad of 3 so more than used to being around ankle biters :p

I want to start bringing my eldest with me (6) but need to calm him down a bit first. He starts Beavers on Monday so it will get him a little more used to outdoor stuff hopefully.

The other chap that wants to come along is an instructor too... so again.. used to kids being around.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Sie

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE