Notification when quoted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

chris_irwin

Nomad
Jul 10, 2007
oxfordshire
On a number of other forums, I've seen a feature that allows you to be notified when someone quotes one of your posts. This is usually a section on the right hand side of the page with a link to the last few posts you were quoted on.

I'm not sure of the capabilities this forum has to implement this feature, but I just thought it would be useful. There's been a number of occasions when someone has asked a question and I haven't noticed for quite a while.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
"Thread tools" and the "subscribe" to any thread you are interested in.
You can also edit your preferences so that you subscribe to any thread you have posted in and thus get notified of replies.

chris_irwin

Nomad
Jul 10, 2007
oxfordshire
I don't want to be notified every time the thread gets a response, that's a different feature. I just want to know when someone has directly quoted me

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
I don't want to be notified every time the thread gets a response, that's a different feature. I just want to know when someone has directly quoted me

As far as I know this feature isn't enabled (or present) on BCUK, it would also work only if people use the Quote button. People do use that button but more often they don't and simply start with:

Hey Chris,

** etc **

Or just answer your question / post, as has been done in post #2

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Most folks use the quick reply box. Quote and Quote+ aren't used very much tbh.

I think you're the first person who has ever asked for the feature.

cheers,
Toddy

chris_irwin

Nomad
Jul 10, 2007
oxfordshire
Yes, I understand that it wouldn't work when people don't use the reply button. However, on other forums I have used, people tend to use the quote button when they want a reply. So, if it was in someone's interest to push the quote button, they would.

If it's not a feature that other people would like, then I understand it's not worth the effort. But as I said before, I've found it to be pretty useful in the past

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE