Not yet half past ten yet this heat is brutal

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
14557676310_93f3886196_z.jpg

Today in my back garden, just after lunchtime. It got hotter yet though.
It reads 41degC or 106F

Too blooming hot.

atb,
Mary

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Today looks to be the last of the Scorcher's.
Might finally start getting something done soon.

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
Nivea sell a factor 50 kids waterproof sunblock that's pretty comfortable to wear.....just apply little and often.
Touch wood, but I haven't burnt despite the sunshine :cool:

Tell you though, there are folks walking around that look like burnt leather :yikes: not sure that's good for the skin, tbh.

I've been eyeing up a new hat.....I know I'm going to get laughed at over it, but it's tempting, really tempting.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Woman...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item8bbead18d8

atb,
M

Theres nowt wrong with that hat it does the biz for ye ! I wear this one when its really hot - http://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co...154/sunday-afternoons-hats-adventure-hat-p686 (the black version ! ) because im blonde haired and burn easy if im not lotioned up and wearing a hat. And if anyone laugh's at me I just give em the evils and they shut up, lol.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
If that wasn't out of stock it'd be in my 'basket' right now :D

That looks so eminently practical :D
Thank you for the link :)

cheers,
M

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Just got back from a day out, cars outside temp said 38 Celsius!!!! I was shut down by then I felt like a zombie the heat was unbearable!

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
<whimpers> Its rather horrible, isn't it?

Im putting on lots of suncream; I hate it but my mother had skin cancer and that was no joke at all. Three operations and it still flared up.

She didn't die from it but it might have kicked off elsewhere.

I had chickenpox when I was 21...pretty grim. Like Toddy I had spots everywhere even the soles of my feet and my tongue. My throat was so ulcerated I lived on lollies for a week.

(Im living on lollies now.)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Specially for you Mary!:eek:

for%2520mary.jpg

Doesn't that look just brilliant ?

I have had a beautiful day :D We have had a cool wind :D :D :D and I've been sat beside an open window when I wasn't working in the garden.
Now it's pouring :D

I'm sorry it's happened at the weekend for folks who work all week, and the Commonwealth Games, but I am incredibly relieved.
I might actually manage a night's sleep tonight; I've been up since five.

atb,
Mary

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE