Not enough time for all my enthusiasm

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hawsome34

Tenderfoot
Sep 3, 2004
Merseyside
Hello all,

I have been looking around this site for a few weeks now, and am amazed at how helpful everybody is proving to be. I have started a few threads and have gotten great advice from many of you. All I need to do now is get from behind this horrid desk, and put some advice into practice.

I live in Merseyside, and would really appreciate anyone local, who might be able to spare some time, showing an utter novice how to rub sticks and make smoke, I can wait for the fire part.

Well thank all, and look forward to seeing some of you at meets and sharing info on here.

Steve

:confused:

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
A warm welcome Steve.

I am a bit far away to help a bit with rubbing sticks, but I love to try and help all I can. Some people post photos and descriptions of their attempts and that can clarify a lot of things on the forum.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Welcome to Bushcraft UK :D

There’s a few people up your way that get together via the North Meet thread, there would be some people there that can teach you a thing or 50 ;) Have a look in the social forum at the thread.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
hello and welcome to bcuk get out to your local woods and enjoy there's loads of stuff you can get into on your own before you meet up with other like minded bods i know i did and boy how much do i undersatnd "Not enough time for all my entusiasm" just get out there :D

James

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Hiya mate welcome to the forum, the best way to learn is to just get out there and try a few things, yeah you'll fail one or twice but you'll learn from your mistakes and begin to develope a technique :)

Good luck.

Topcat02

Settler
Aug 9, 2005
Dymock, Gloucestershire
Hi and welcome. As the others say just get out there and open your eyes. Go for a walk in the woods, and try and make a note of the types of flora and fauna, possible sources for tinder etc.

:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE