NOS Finnish Opisometer or Map Measurer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bearbait

Hi there Martii,

Many thanks. Very prompt delivery: arrived around noon today and all in very tidy nick.

Nice interesting piece of kit. And much lighter than it looks in the photo.

Have you a link to an English version of the instructions for the less obvious (to me at least) features? Or a link to page that Mr. Google can translate for me? I shall look forward to having a play.

Many thanks once again...

Chris

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Have you a link to an English version of the instructions for the less obvious (to me at least) features? Or a link to page that Mr. Google can translate for me?

Uittokalusto's 1938 Catalogue (in Finnish)

HOW TO MEASURE DISTANCE: Choose the right map scale from either side and use the different size calipers marked with different distances from 50 to 2000 meters.
HOW TO MEASURE ANGLE: Read the angle using the 0-90 degrees or 0-15 radians scale from either side.
HOW TO MEASURE SLOPE ANGLE: Choose the right map scale from either side and check if the contours are drawn on the map in h=5 or h=10 meter altitude intervals. Then compare the distance between the map contour lines using the "KALTEVUUSMITTAKAAVA" chart and either the h=5 or the h=10 line. The closer the contour lines are drawn on the map, the steeper the slope is.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE