North West Spring Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
Hi guys,

Last year i offered the use of our place here at Beacon Country Park for the North West Spring Meet. The offer for this year is still available if the organisors want to PM me, i can give you all the info you need.

Also,

Last year i appealed for demo's, makers and sellers for attendance at our annual Green Fayre. We are looking for woodland skills, bushcraft demo's and kit sales if anyones interested then also PM me.

Apart from that, the site is always available for use to anyone who fancies, just PM me and make yourself known.....

Bye Folks,

Rangerman.

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
John,
As long as you make yourself known to the rangers or me, then theres no problem. Fires are ok too, so long as your sensible, which i would expect from anyone on this site anyway.

Give us a bell or drop us a PM if your interested.

Mark

John Dixon

Forager
May 2, 2006
Cheshire
PJMCBear said:
I love to come along. I think someone just needs to set a date and let Ranger know. How about April 13, 14 and 15th?

I cant make that one but the weekend before or after is good for me....

RANGER is there any water near by for canoe's????

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
I am going to organise a NW meet, see this thread for provisional details http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=18704 , I have gone for forest camp as I know it works, infrastructure etc is in place, not that beacon wouldn't, I just know where I am at Forest camp.
But as mentioned in the other thread how about a day visit to beacon country park, the recent Welsh meet was good so along the same lines. This could double as a recce for a possible weekend meet up in future. I have visited the park before and it looks like an excellent bushcraft site, only worry I had was the number of kids around in the early evening, not necessarily a problem but it has the potential :( , with a proper recce we could iron out any potential problems and it is also a good excuse to get together and do some bushcraft a little earlier than the weekend meet :D !
Anyone want to go ahead and organise it?

PS, I am just making suggestions, I am open to any ideas and am aware that I may be coming across as taking over, this isn't my intention, I am just trying to co-ordinate the threads a little to avoid any confusion :eek: . Talking face to face is a lot easier!

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
Hi guy's sorry for the delays, kept looking but didn't get much interest. The site is quite close to civilisation on one side, but very rural on the other, some really good tracks and trails for poaching the odd pheasant! We get problems with kids as most sites do, but at this time of the year, it's not such a problem. Any how the rangers would be there to stop any troubles. We have water, toilets, a bar, sorry no running water for canoes though :( We have a charcoal kiln so we could also do a traing session or demo. Plenty off wood, and some really great views.

Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE