North West Meet, 14, 15 July!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
D

Dave Harker

You'll be very welcome. I've added you to the list.

I think the only person still needing a lift is sxmolloy from Preston. Can anybody help?

Thanks! were is preston exactly? if its not to far off course i dont mind helping out.
is it Lancashire?

Dynamite Dan

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 19, 2007
BlackBurn, Lancashire
Id just like to wish you all a really good weekend, hope you learn new skills off each other. Im gutted i cant go, ill be at the next one deffinatly.

Be safe and have fun, oh and get drunk at nights round the fire. :D

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
just been looking at the sat. pic's of the site, are all the lakes part of the site or are they privately owned?
just that looks good for a bit of canoing, if I had one that is lol

I am borrowing a couple of open boats for us to use, I will do some supervising/coaching for a couple of hours on the Saturday, depending on what other users of the site are doing. There will be a few scouts around at the weekend but they shouldn't really bother us where we are, but we will have to work around them in using the lake and facilities. We have got the same area as last time, the group that was going to be there on Friday aren't going to be there(might be elsewhere on site?) so Stephens(Gaillaine) arial view is correct:eek: .
We may not get permission or kit for archery, but show and tell the kit if you have it I know a place nearby that we MAY be able to use discretely ;) , no thermite arrows please:)
I will be around on Friday day and joining the group properly about 4-5 o'clock, not sure if I will be staying Sunday night yet though. Anybody else arriving or leaving outside of Friday afternoon to Sunday night? Just let me know so I can warn the wardens.

I am going to bring a roll of masking tape and a marker so we can make badges/labels with user names on so I know who I have been speaking to during the weekend,:confused: , not the most aesthetic solution but what do people think?

Anybody got any last minute questions about the weekend?

big_daddy_merc

Forager
Apr 9, 2007
chesterfield
me and mine will be arriving Saturday afternoon, can't make it Friday have something on late on. But I would Imagen we will be there from 11:30-1:00pm ish

oh almost forgot, who do we pay the fee's too?

peds8045

Sep 4, 2005
Telford, Shropshire
If i can get away from work i am planning on getting there around 1400hrs, if that's too early let me know and i can arrive later if need be. The last meet i attended there we set up in between the scouts accomodation and the disused rail track/footpath, are we still in that area and should we park on the track or will the gate be open?:confused:

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
If i can get away from work i am planning on getting there around 1400hrs, if that's too early let me know and i can arrive later if need be. The last meet i attended there we set up in between the scouts accomodation and the disused rail track/footpath, are we still in that area and should we park on the track or will the gate be open?:confused:

I'm there from Thursday night so just keep an eye out for me and you'll be OK

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Hi, can u count me in please and one other maybee. Not been to a meet before apart from courses. Can't get to site untill Sat 12ish,leaving sun eveDo I need to meet one of u guys to know where to pitch, and whats on etc.

Cheers

Wayland

Hárbarðr
OK Definitive list to date.

Goose
Spamel
Wanderingstar
Fisherben
Wayland
Reddave +1½
Mountain Man
Singeblister
Matt Weir + Nat, kids & dog plus 2 friends, kid & dog
Neanderthal
Ratbag - Possible
Outdoorcode - Possible
Lodian - lift sorted.
Corr
Soar +1
big_daddy_merc
Xylaria and as much of the family as possible.
Peds8045 - Possible
MikeS - possible
John Dixon + Clan and Dogs.
Mike B + 1
shaunmcdonald + wee McDonalds - Possible
Pippin + Pip
Mr and Mrs thingswelike and the kids.
PJMCBear
graham_s - definitely
Gailainne - almost definitely
Lightfoot too
Dave Harker
addo + 1
David B
Gaz_miggy
dbrand

Wayland

Hárbarðr

We are at the other end of the site to that.

Park in the main car park and follow the path past the boating pool right to it's end and look towards the right.

It's just over half a click from the CP.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I am going to bring a roll of masking tape and a marker so we can make badges/labels with user names on so I know who I have been speaking to during the weekend,:confused: , not the most aesthetic solution but what do people think?

I think thats a superb idea Andy. I've seen quite a few posts saying 'when I was at the last Deli meet...' and I'm thinking 'I never said hi to you' so yes, that'd be great.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
I will collect the camping fees, unless you are leaving early I will go round on Sunday afternooon and see everyone. It is £4 per person per night. There should be people around the car park/wardens hut who will be able to direct you to where we are, the Gullery, pitch basically where you want in our area. We have a fair sized area to spread about in lots of trees for hammocks and a couple of small fields for tents/tipis.
For any newbies, don't be worried about asking people for help or advice about setting up or general bushcrafti advice. Most people don't want to "force" help on others, so may just be waiting to be asked, if they can't help you you will get pointed to someone who can!
The tractor and trailer should be available and the wardens are really helpful, if you need stuff taking down to the site ask them or see me and I will try to organise loads, getting a few peoples kit together on one load rather than have them back and to, too often.
I will organise a few altar fires to be taken down, unless GrahamS beats me to it;)
Looks like it is going to be a big one again, can't wait!:beerchug:

Lodian

Nomad
May 23, 2007
Peterhead, Aberdeenshire
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol its 1 am and i aint sleeping till either in grahamS car orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr tomorrow night at the camp. Im so hyper can u tell huh? Can you lol

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Just got in from the night shift from hell! I'm working tonight aswell, but plan to be down friday afternoon, no child as she will be on her way back from holidays with grandma and Grandad. I was gonna bring my ship, but if you have canoes enough then I won't bother. It's heavy and I have a tall car!

So, I'm off for some kip, but before I go, it looks like Ratbag and myself will only be staying friday night, heading back Saturday lunchtime.

corr

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2006
crewe, cheshire
well it now depends on what time i finesh work on friday but if its early nuff then i will be down on friday night hay why go on sataday when i can get ther on friday :beerchug:
name tags are good for ppl like me but i still wont remeber most names after the event im rubish with names :confused:
well im off to work noe :( o well not long to go

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol its 1 am and i aint sleeping till either in grahamS car orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr tomorrow night at the camp. Im so hyper can u tell huh? Can you lol

Judging from the sleepy phone call I got while waiting at the Bus Station, the above statement isn't entirely accurate:lmao:

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
just have. should have thought of that really lol.

Got your PM and replied, many thanks for the offer.

Sorry guys, after all this I am unable to attend. My wife is doing a run for charity on Sunday, so I will have to be at the finish line with the kids and a waiting hospital bed :rolleyes: for when she staggers through.

Have a good meet, and I will certainly be at the next one, and hopefully driving myself by then. Hope to see lots of pics posted up on here soon.

Have a good one....ATB....a really gutted Stu :censored: :(

David B

May 12, 2006
Tadcaster North Yorks
Hi all
I have been watching this thread with much envy.

But woopee things have changed and I can now come out to play.

More of a canoest really so could swap some canoe skills for that elusive fire by friction skill.

Probably arrive early saturday morning see ya all there.

David

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE