North American Continent shopping trip

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 4, 2003
Hatfield, Herts
Ok peeps, I'm planning on taking a short break in June / July, for 4 days to a week. Thinking Canada or USA, where abouts would you recomend, I should add that this is a shopping trip purely for outdoor kit and to forget about work. So my thoughts so far were head for somewhere with a high hunting / outdoor populus.

And if its near anyone on here, maybe meeting up and setting a BCUK longest distance travelled to a meet :eek:): :rolmao:

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I would say wyoming would have some good areas for the bushcraft type thing, lots of hunting, fishing and walking... plenty of bears and log cabing with no electricity.

Jackson Hole is a particularly nice place.

As for shopping, I would get a list of things you want and then try and find suppliers in the area you want to visit or you'll cover thousands of miles hopping from one shop to another :yikes:

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Edmonton mall in canada has it all, outdoor shops as well as all the usual - plus a fun fair, bourbon street ect ect

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I was going to say go to Cabelas!! They do a nice couple of catalogues, but it might be late to get the Fall hunting one. Another company that has a good show mall is LL Bean in Maine.

The problem with Cabelas stores is that they don't tend to be set in wilderness areas :wink:

If you want to go as a shopping trip, another way to do things is find a place to stay that will take packages for you before you arrive, then have things mail ordered from companies too far away to visit in person.

Cody Wyoming is meant to be good. Places like Denver or Colorado Springs probably are pretty good cities for outdoor stuff. City stores might not have the best prices though.

What sort of environment do you want to find gear for? Stores will tend to carry stuff that sells in that area - you probably won't find much wool in Georgia :lol:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE