Nordic Outdoor

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Anyone bought from this company before?

I am new to online purchasing having only been buying gear online for the last year or so. :D I am however wary of buying online unless I have a good recommendation for a site or have heard only positives from them. Companies like Backpackinglight.co.uk and Alpkit are well regarded so I have often bought from them and have always had good service. Nordic Outdoors (nordicoutdoor.co.uk) have a really good deal on something that was out of my price bracket but at half price it is not too bad so I might buy it but as always I am concerned money might be taken when there isn't stock or I might take months to get it or I could get stiffed some other way. In a shop I can at least kick up a face to face fuss if the deal is a bad one and I would know it was in stock as I'd be walking out with it. This is not the same online so I do have a lot of mistrust.

Have you dealt with them? Did you get your items ok? Was the experience good? Did you have to wait for weeks to get youur purchase? All common questions that people ask about online stores.

Thanks for your feedback.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Yep, they're sound :approve:

They get a good rep :D besides, Vince is a member here and he'd hate for there to be any complaints.

cheers,
Toddy

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Vince? Does he work there?

I guess a half price downmat 7 short is worth a punt if they are a good outfit. The guy who answered my email when I told them that the website was still at £69 when the ad in TGO magazine that came out yesterday had it at £49. he changed it straight away and thanked me for letting them know. That gave me hope that they were good. Another thread cast doubt when the guy didn't think they had the stock.

Thanks Toddy. I'll take your word for it. ;)

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Dunno but when i was at paddle 10 in Perth the guy behind the stall was giving me a lecture on how easy it is to sharpen stainless and that carbon was really hard and murder to sharpen, needless to say he was getting very boring very quickly, decided to shop else where if thats the advice they were giving out!!!

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Nope Lurch I've checked. Sent them an email after 11pm yesterday (mag came out yesterday) and they emailed back at lunchtime to say it was a mistake on their part, the website should have said £49 and it had now been changed. Can't say fairer than that. I only doubted a bit because another forum when I gave a heads up at the deal on their bargains thread resulted in a reply by someone who had bought it who hadn't had any confirmation email so wondered if it had sold out or he was going to have to claim back off CC. Reckon he meant that the company had taken money when not got the goods so he'd have the fuss of complaining to get the money put back on his credit card. I always worry about things as I buy using a direct debit card (visadebit card) because I don't want to or haven't bothered to get a credit card.

Lurch - aren't you a competitor? Is that good business practise to recommend a rival as a good supplier? Do you think they would do the same about Lakeland?

BTW does anyone rate Lakeland Bushcraft? I was wondering if they had a shop I could visit to look at their goodies first hand. I've heard good things about them on another forum.

Sorry Lurch its late and I have to be up at 5am so I've gone a bit loopy.

So I just ahave to hope they still have them at that price come payday next friday. Can I ask you lot not to tell anyone so noone knows about this deal so they won't sell out. I need to wait for payday as I have already bought expensive softshell trousers, fell shoes, rucksack and something else too that I can't remember now. Oh yes a flask. All in all more than I should have.

Safe retailer. Good. I like the repsonse so wil make the purchase. Cheers guys.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Lakeland Bushcraft ?

"Yep, they're sound

They get a good rep besides, Mark is a member here and he'd hate for there to be any complaints. "

cheers,
Toddy

:D

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Paul B, I've used Nordic Outdoors often, they're friendly, helpful and they get my vote.

In fact, I frequently pop in there for a blether on my way to "Go Outdoors"... :D Just kidding guys!!!

Vince, I'll pop in soon with another jar of chutney.

Cheers

Liam

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I met the guys from Nordic outdoors at the wilderness gathering and there sound. Think it's Vince the tall one with the beard sorted me out with a new sleeping bag, they didn't have the stuff sack but posted it to me the day after. First class service and will be using them again.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
their Pinewood Mufflon Hunting Trousers look quite good - but I do hate sites that display sizes in S/M/L probably not their fault but a simple conversion to the actual size is always alot more helpful

Beardy

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 28, 2010
UK
If you're worried about anything, I'd just ring them. At least, whenever I buy things from online, I always phone to place the actual order and pay, the website is just like a catalogue for me. That way I know they've got it in stock, what the postage will cost, and roughly when the postie will be bringing my new toy :p

Guess I'm just a bit old school in that it's always good to speak to a human and I'm still not 100% sure I want card details travelling via the interwebz, no matter how secure it actually is...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE