night out in the woods.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
M

marcja

odin13 said:
looks good, where did you buy it from, and how nessecary do you think the net is for
british conditions?
cheers,
alex

It seems ok, I've not been out long enough since I bought it to try it over any length of time though. MM will be it's first proper test. As for the net, in the majority of the British Isles I've never really had a problem with being bitten. So the net is maybe not such a concern, but for the extra tenner it's worth having and worth using regardless (just in case ;) ).

Is this the moskito traveller? How have you attached it to the tree as I am guessing from the pictures you did`nt purchase the travel rope they advertise - looking forward for a review if you plan on one.

It is the Moskito Traveler, I use webbing to attach it to the trees but any strong cord with a decent knot will do the trick. I think the travel rope is a little over priced for what it is. I may do a review but again it'll be after MM when I've had a decent opportunity to test it.

I am 6'6" and weigh about 18 stone (115Kg) and i am looking for a hammock but i am struggling to find one that is fit for purpose.

Any ideas?

This one has a max weight of 90k (14st by my calculations......mmmm...I'm 13st 11oz....only just made it, didn't think to check before I bought it, :D ) The length would suit though.

StormWalker

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 4, 2005
Mid-Wales
marcja said:
This one has a max weight of 90k (14st by my calculations......mmmm...I'm 13st 11oz....only just made it, didn't think to check before I bought it, :D ) The length would suit though.

Cheers all i have to do now is lose 1 leg and 1 arm and i have found a winner :D

bp1974

Tenderfoot
May 11, 2005
London
bushblade said:
Its worth spending a bit extra and getting a non mesh one, this one is only £20 from Nomad Travel for just the hammock.
I used to work for them and helped design that hammock!

It looks like one of the early beige ones that we got made up before our manufacturers got some green material to use.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
strollon said:
can you guys give me your honest opinions of the hennessey hammock

regards strollon

The Hennessey is a favourite subject, and I really love mine and IIRC Stuart is a big fan of them aswell.

Did a quick search, and this is the result - only a handfull of threads, so it won't take you all day to plough them trough ;)

Hope this helps!

EDIT: BTW A very warm welcome to the forum Strollon, good to have you here mate! - Why not introducing yourself in the Introductions & Welcomes section? ;)

bushblade

Nomad
Jul 5, 2003
West Yorkshire
www.bushblade.co.uk
bp1974 said:
I used to work for them and helped design that hammock!

It looks like one of the early beige ones that we got made up before our manufacturers got some green material to use.

No its green polyester twin layer Tai design I bought it in summer 2003, but I changed the suspension tapes to climbing tube tape (6m either side) attatched to a BD hotwire krab either end.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE