Next Midlands Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Ratbag started a thread called 'A few bits will be for sale at Midlands meet' in order to try to sell off a few bits and pieces whilst at the Meet. In case anyone has missed it this is the link.

Gailainne

Life Member
Ok I've decided a little road trip is in order :D I did a little overtime (something I never do, ask my MD :cool: ), so shall depart for the "Saff" around 11:30, hopefully missing out on the Birmingham home time traffic. I ran the route on mapsource and it says 3:40 mins, I really dont believe it, but we'll see.

Gary I'll call into Tebay mate, see whats on offer, anything, anyone else ?

BTW the guys at work have just done a group buy from a famous butcher in Stornaway, and theres a spare 1.4 kilo blackpudding going, so I'll bring that down, Gary will eat it if no-one else ;)

Aragorn, looking forward to seeing your stove, I'm bringing mine down as well, nowhere near as nicely made as yours is, still waiting on getting a laser cut one done. :(

Singe if you are of a mind could you bring your samples along mate, I'm after a leather cutter, as in tracing patterns etc.

Off to pack, looks like it could be a glorious weekend weather wise, looking forward to it.

Stephen

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Ok I've decided a little road trip is in order :D

Good to have you along.

:eek: That's a naughty word! :eek: :D .

BTW the guys at work have just done a group buy from a famous butcher in Stornaway, and theres a spare 1.4 kilo blackpudding going, so I'll bring that down, Gary will eat it if no-one else ;)

Trust me, he won't be alone
sign0021.gif

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Hope Im not too late for this but can I buy some lamp wick off anyone at the meet? Not much point in me bringing my lamp without, I hadnt realised Id no wick left and nowhere stocked them today :(

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
What I'd suggest is that people ask Peter if he'd prefer a trade or a small fee - Feel free to register interest in this thread but please don't innundate him with P.M's (Nothing has been said, it's just me trying to be pre-emptive).

Sorry so busy at work not checked the thread all week; I've managed to book this afternoon as leave so we will be up mid evening. Good idea about the tube cutter as I will prob forget to look thru the toolbox for one this afternoon!

Chris, my son, wants to use camping/bushcrafting as his "skill" for Bronze Duke of Edinburgh so he will gladly "trade" :present: it for any tutorials, ticks of the trade etc. - Not that any of us expect anything for passing on what we know but it is nice to have something to offer in return.

Looking forward to our first BCUK meet :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Woohoo! Two hours left at work then it's off home to pack :)

I toook the 2 days off. Just can't be arsed to go into work then come home and rush around then fight through loads of traffic. :) Just got to wait to collect my son at 12 then I'll be on my way up :D

I managed to get a full weekend pass from SWMBO too, which is a bonus. :D

LOL, result there mate. She must be feeling generous :D

See everyone later on later on.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I've found me auger, I'll bring it along for if anyone who wants a go at making one of those benches, not that anyone cares as you're all there already, getting drunk and falling in the fire! Setting off at sparrows fart, brother has his marching orders to be ready for 6-ish and then we're off!

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Cheers Dec and everyone else, Had a great time and its set me up for a few grim months ahead. Loads of ideas for projects. :) Sorry if I didnt have chance to say goodbye to everyone.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE