Newbury area

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 4, 2012
Newbury, Berkshire
hey people,

im new on here and wondering if anyone in the newbury area has a good knowledge of trees, shrubs, grasses and fungi? as my knowledge basically sucks alot more then i thought it did :(

or if people are interested maybe organise a group "ramble" and have a collective knowledge?

cheers.

luke.

Jun 4, 2012
Newbury, Berkshire
thats what i planned to do, bring a few books along and anything i cant name look it up and maybe cross reference it with someone elses book.

i think snelsmoore common would be a good place to take wonder?

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
there are many apps for your phone . trees of Britain , ifungi , mushrooms FREE are a few I've used to get you going . Welcome to the forum from neighbourly Basingstoke !

Snooky

Nov 19, 2013
Tadley
I'm down the road in Tadley and we have a few areas down here that are good for trees and plants, Pamber forest, owned by the Hampshire wildlife trust, no fires but happy for me to use fallen wood.
Also have quite a few areas part of the Englefield estate with different terrain. Bit late for the fungi but happy to go for a stroll around these woods and have someone tell me more about the trees I am seeing, although I'm not too bad at identifying some

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE