New To Manchester.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Poco

Jan 15, 2010
Manchester
Hey, I started at Manchester Uni last term and really need to get outside after exams are over.
Does anyone know anywhere easy enough to get to yet secluded enough to spend a night (no fires)?

andythecelt

Nomad
May 11, 2009
Planet Earth
You have the Trans Pennine Trail nearby, as you head over the pennines it intersects the Pennine Way. Both good for long walks of course but also a good jumping off point off trail into wilder parts. If you don't mind a short travel (I haven't a clue about public transport mind) you have Ladybower within striking distance just over the Pennines, I know some people have done a bit of discreet wilding in that area. I suggest getting yourself down to a Waterstones or other large book shop and have a good look at some of the OS explorer maps surrounding Manchester. You're spoiled for choice with the Pennines so near so I'd start with those maps first.

Dec 28, 2009
Dorset
Seconded on the TPT, a short bus or train ride into Stockport and you're practically there. I live within spitting distance of reddish vale country park which is the local gateway to the trail, there's a huge array of wildlife and plenty of deciduous woodland (birch, oak, alder, elder, thigummybob).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE