new tent needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GrizzlyGrant

Jul 18, 2015
Wales

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
Not familiar with the tent or make, but it looks reasonable enough, and a quick scout of the online reviews seems positive. There are relatively few guy points on it for a tunnel design, so I wouldn't want to take into exposed areas in strong wind - Tunnel designs generally need guying side to side and end to end to be stable in high winds.

For ground protection/mat, I assume you mean a sleeping mat? In that case any decent CCF mat will do you. You don't need to spend much.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Grizz The one you've linked to IMHO is a 'my mums' brand tent ,and I wouldn't put my faith in it for 7 days straight use. Tents like those are built upon the premise that they get used for two weekends a year with gentle use on a nice campsite .
60 quid isn't much of a budget , but I'm sure you'll find better in a sale online somewhere ? Even the bay of evil for a 2nd hand renowned branded one ? Hope it's an enjoyable trip regardless of the kit you use.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
I paid less than £60 for my North Ridge Torre XL, great tent with stacks of room, even cooked in it when the weather was bad. I got mine from Go-outdoors, just an option :)

GrizzlyGrant

Jul 18, 2015
Wales
I would normally take the hammock but a small a pack as possible (snugpak rocket is the largest I have ) and one of the rules of the trip is all kit must be in a bag less than 100l. I didn't really want to take my upper and underquilts for my hammock as ill need a weeks supplies ( communal coolbox for meats and chilled - instant push to freeze ice packs ready).
Needed as cheap as possible 2 man
tent for me and my kit, or a large 2 man tent that's good enough to share with one more?
I can stretch to £100 if it's big enough to share

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

GrizzlyGrant

Jul 18, 2015
Wales
right then, i have a new idea.

Polish lavvu- can they be extended easily or can i have 3 sections together to make it bigger?
Appart from a frontier stove, are there any wood burners i can use inside? i can make my own but have no access to a welder :( i was thinking an ammo box with a chimney system?

This seems to be my new plan of attack, and i shall use a tarp then to make a sheltered eating/fire/camp area

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
right then, i have a new idea.

Polish lavvu- can they be extended easily or can i have 3 sections together to make it bigger?
Appart from a frontier stove, are there any wood burners i can use inside? i can make my own but have no access to a welder :( i was thinking an ammo box with a chimney system?

This seems to be my new plan of attack, and i shall use a tarp then to make a sheltered eating/fire/camp area

I can't comment on the Polish Lavvu but I just watched a great idea on youtube, the guy made a small woodburner from extractor pipe fittings. I'll see if I can dig up the link.

Here ya go, not the best, room for improvement but I love the idea, skip to 7 minutes 20 seconds LINK

Last edited:

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
I can't comment on the Polish Lavvu but I just watched a great idea on youtube, the guy made a small woodburner from extractor pipe fittings. I'll see if I can dig up the link.

Here ya go, not the best, room for improvement but I love the idea, skip to 7 minutes 20 seconds LINK

wouldn't trust that in a tent, hot galvanised metal gives off zinc fumes, and they're nasty

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE