New tarp needed, advice please.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Just come back from a weeks camping and have torn my old faithful british army tarp. So am after getting a new tarp, was thinking about getting a DD tarp as I already have a DD hammock that I'm quite happy with. Could anyone recommend something hard wearing and versatile but also quite cheap (eg £50 max).
Thanks for any advice. :D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'd also second a DD if you're trying to keep under the budget. Not sure which hammock you have but I find a 12ft length is just about long enough for my hammocks.

shogun

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2009
U.K
i was going to buy the new dd camo tarp..but on a cpl of forums they are saying a few of the new dd camo tarps have problems with ripping...anyone no of these problems

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Looks like the dd tarp is a winner, I'm hopeless with any form of sewing so wouldnt even consider making one myself. Thanks for all your advice.

shogun

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2009
U.K
I got the camo tarp in the Group Buy and I havent hand any issues with mine.
+1 for DD tarp i have 2 of them.

nice one fella i havent had any problems with my other dd tarp..i will give it a go..cheers Allan

Paradiddle

Jun 14, 2011
West Midlands
Seems like everyone agrees on the DD tarp.
Slightly off-tangent but does anyone know if the green 3x3m tarp is available anywhere? Or when DD will re-stock?

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Seems like everyone agrees on the DD tarp.
Slightly off-tangent but does anyone know if the green 3x3m tarp is available anywhere? Or when DD will re-stock?

Theres quite a few places stock DD stuff, a google should bring up plenty of results if you need it quicker.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE