New Sheath for Newish Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I decided that it was time to have a go at making a sheath.
I bought a few tools and the leather from http://www.leprevo.co.uk. I can really recommend their service - I've no connection except as a satisfied customer.

sheatha.jpg

sheathc.jpg

sheathd.jpg

I enjoyed making this as much as the knife

Many thanks to Rapidboy for the tutorial

Reactions: redcollective

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
"He was lynched by a gang of scientists who had decided the one thing they really couldn't stand was a Smartarse" Douglas Adams :lmao:

That is BLINDING work mate - if thats a first attempt, can I buy the second? :You_Rock_

Watch your back Shing ;)

Red

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Thats impressive stuff mate....especially if thats Mk1 sheath :notworthy

ps. ooh 500th post! think i'll celebrate.

pps. nearly there Red!

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Great piece of work. I'm just starting in leather, if you forgive the expression! Could you give me a list of the tools you used on the sheath as I'd like to have a go.

fred gordon said:
Great piece of work. I'm just starting in leather, if you forgive the expression! Could you give me a list of the tools you used on the sheath as I'd like to have a go.

I got the following from Leprevo :edge beveller, stitch groover (adjustable), overstitch wheel (5mm) and a skiver . I guess you could do without the skiver, I used it for the welt which I made quite thick at the top and then thinner further down. I also got some thread and some oil dye.

Hope this helps

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE