New Primus ETA Stove!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

beretta63

May 24, 2014
Chesterfield/chorley
Just a heads up really, but I have just bought myself the new Primus ETA Spider stove and After trying it out I must say it is a super little stove and so compact and VERY efficient!

Take a peek here:

http://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co...stoves-c140/primus-eta-spider-gas-stove-p2698

Also, I must say that Ultralight are a fantastic company to buy from, superb service and I have used them for years, free postage on nearly everything too!

Last edited:

Blaidd

Nomad
Jun 23, 2013
UK
Pardon my noobness, but does the pot clip onto the stove? Thanks in advance. It looks very neat, thanks for posting.

PDA1

Settler
Feb 3, 2011
Framingham, MA USA
Trust Primus to come up with what looks like an excellent, fully integrated, cooking system. pre heater for winter use, ceramic non-stick for durabitity. Sensible wind protection. What's not to like? Well -weight for one. For three season 2-6 day hikes in the mountains, I would be reluctant to carry a 699 gram kit (plus 130/230 g gas canister- nearly a kilo). For comparison, my 3 season kit is 130 gram plus about 50 gram per day fuel. However, it is, shall we say,delicate, and fiddly to use. The Primus kit looks verysimple, foolproof and bullet proof. Priceof UKP 85 looks OK, but I am reluctant to spend that amount when I can make my system (alcohol fuel burner based) for next to nothing.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I have the slightly larger Eta cooker where the burner clips into the windshield securely and the pan fits into thee windshield on three mounting pints. 1.8 litre pot, otherwise virtually identical to the spider kit. Very good indeed, and can be upgraded to a liquid fuel stove very simply.

beretta63

May 24, 2014
Chesterfield/chorley
After carrying a Trangia (with gas burner) for years I do not think this little system is weighty at all (never could understand what all the fuss is about Titanium!) at least everything you need is in one neat little package! By the way, it is actually smaller in the flesh than it looks in the pictures/Videos, especially when packed away in its neat little bag!

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
I've seen it, what's the efficiency really like? and if it floats your boat, good. It's a nice integrated bit of kit with a sensible size pot, that competes with jetboil and msr reactor, and the liquid fuel stoves are sooo much superior to the old ones, I've heard bad things about regulators anyway. So it's the best of the bunch. I've a primus spider and a frying pan and I love it.

Just one thing, how will you fry bacon and eggs?

beretta63

May 24, 2014
Chesterfield/chorley
I've seen it, what's the efficiency really like? and if it floats your boat, good. It's a nice integrated bit of kit with a sensible size pot, that competes with jetboil and msr reactor, and the liquid fuel stoves are sooo much superior to the old ones, I've heard bad things about regulators anyway. So it's the best of the bunch. I've a primus spider and a frying pan and I love it.

You DO have a point there, but at least its more stable than those tall jet boil things!

beretta63

May 24, 2014
Chesterfield/chorley

Pardon my noobness, but does the pot clip onto the stove? Thanks in advance. It looks very neat, thanks for posting.

No, it sits on the arms like on a normal ''open'' style stove, but it is very stable :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE