New Mora Pro in stainless

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

trade axe

Tenderfoot
Dec 16, 2013
Western Canada
Has anyone done a review or in hand pictures\comments\opinions about the new Mora Pro knife in stainless. I've read that the blades are supposed to be a bit sturdier ? I have no complaints about what I own now, but I still find this new line to be intriguing. So any first hand knowledge is appreciated. Thanks.

reedx

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2012
Durham
www.REEDX.net
Looks interesting. I see they also do a Pro C version with a carbon steel blade.

I currently use a Mora Allround ( http://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Product/866-Morakniv-Craftline-TopQ-Allround-Knife/ ), but the handle on new Pro S looks like it would be more comfortable for extended use. The blade also looks to be a bit deeper.

The other thing I notice is that even though the description says "The Mora Pro S features a thicker handle and blade than regular Moras", it looks like the blade is only 2mm thick as opposed the the 2.5mm of the Allround. The finger guard also looks to be larger.

mora_pro_s.jpg

Colin

trade axe

Tenderfoot
Dec 16, 2013
Western Canada
Thank you gentlemen. I agree with your observations Colin, and your puzzlement. My Companions also have the 2.5 mm thick blade and I fail to see how a thinner blade is sturdier. Maybe the new width is a factor ? Anyway, I'd like to lay hands on them in the future.

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
I will try to post some pictures later, but as Reedx states above, the blade is only 2mm thick, but wider from the edge to the spine than the old 511. The handle is larger, and very comfortable to hold.

trade axe

Tenderfoot
Dec 16, 2013
Western Canada
I will try to post some pictures later, but as Reedx states above, the blade is only 2mm thick, but wider from the edge to the spine than the old 511. The handle is larger, and very comfortable to hold.

Thank you for the reply, I would indeed enjoy some in hand pictures, so I appreciate the effort.

reedx

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2012
Durham
www.REEDX.net
My Mora Pro S was delivered this morning. As hoped the handle was much more comfortable in the hand than most of my other Moras - the only other one I'd say was close is the Robust. I'll have to measure the blade thickness when I get access to some callipers, but if it is 2mm it doesn't feel flexible. The blade didn't come particularly sharp though I do like the deeper profile. Similar to some other Moras the blade spine isn't particularly well finished. Sheath seams to have been improved too.

Colin

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
Just ordered one (stainless) from Heinnie. I'm very keen to test the new handle but also a bit concern about the shape of the blade. Good point is important to me so I would be interested in your opinions on that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE