New knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ambiguous

Jul 6, 2013
yorkshire

Here's a knife I put a handle on, wood is purpleheart and burr elm and the blade is 125mm long. Be critical! Its far from perfect but its nice to work with :).

ambiguous

Jul 6, 2013
yorkshire
Thanks for the kind words!

Bushwacker bob- Its a puronvarsi blade; so yes it is rombic- good eye! You're right its a nightmare to work, but gives a lovely finish after a somewhat traumatic amount of time sanding. :rolleyes:

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
That's really nice.

How far down the pommel section does the tang go? If it's not most of the way I'd be very careful putting weight on it. I've had to do that before because my drill bit wasn't long enough to go all the way down.

ambiguous

Jul 6, 2013
yorkshire
If i remember rightly it goes about 2/3 down the pommel section, so hopefully i will have no problems there. It was easy enough to drill as the individual pieces of wood involved are not particularly long on their own and the tang on the blade i used was unusually long :) I have had problems getting longer drill bits the right length for knife making aswell; its annoying at best :(

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
Sounds good.
My third or forth knife I did that but it only went about 1 third down in to the pommel. It ended up breaking off. 2/3s sounds safer.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE