New knife with Sambar Stag Horn handle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
I have been working, on & off, on a new knife in the past few weeks. It's got a 4mm blade I doodled at work :rolleyes: during a particularly tedious afternoon. I am very pleased the way it came out. It has black liners, Sambar Stag Horn scales and filework on the spine. I hardened it in the Rayburn and tempered it in the cooker's oven!

DSCN0203-2.jpg

DSCN0205-2.jpg

DSCN0207-3.jpg

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
Antlers are smelly old things to work with, that's for sure :D I am not sure I'll want to make many like that.

No, no sheath as yet. I am not sure what sort of sheath to make, to be honest, that will compliment the knife. Any suggestions?

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
If your asking me jojo; I'm sitting thinking it could be some sort of neck or over the shoulder type thing?
I really can see that, slung across the body around about the ribs level.
Also I would go for a light colour, with either scandinavian or first nations decoration.

Oh bxgger, you've got me going now!:rolleyes:

Take no notice- you go with what feel's right.

More I look at it, the tastier it gets!:D

best wishes
R.B.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
If your asking me jojo; I'm sitting thinking it could be some sort of neck or over the shoulder type thing?
I really can see that, slung across the body around about the ribs level.
Also I would go for a light colour, with either scandinavian or first nations decoration.

Oh bxgger, you've got me going now!:rolleyes:

Take no notice- you go with what feel's right.

More I look at it, the tastier it gets!:D

best wishes
R.B.

Now, that's an interesting idea. How do you mean exactly? like attaching a sheath on a possible pouch's strap? or a strap/sheath without a pouch? I was short on ideas for this, so that's good .

Oh and I forgot the vital statistics:

220 mm long blade, 100 mm cutting edge, 24 mm wide and 4 mm thick.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE