New custom knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
I am looking for a new knife. I would like to commission one if possible?

Overall 26cm, blade 12.5cmx2.8cm

I'd like the same sort of design as the one pets sold recently, and I would also like a leather case (mandatory) with fire steel holder (optional).

Handle I would like to be Birch, Maple (spalting optional on the woods...but preferred) or Stag Antler (if possible and let me know the costs).

I'd also like a good edge on it so it can be maintained by me...I hate having to edge my tools to say the least.

Please could you let me know via PM how much this will cost, and how long it will take?

I would able to pay around the end of March, if it is more than £90 I'll pay over 2 installments if that is acceptable (feel free to ask Dreadhead for my reliability on payments).

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
Hillbill's knives are top notch!

Have to say though that a commissioned knife would usually cost £100 or more over and above the price of a handmade knife. £90 would be the kind of money you would expect to pay for a commissioned sheath alone.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Another vote for mark, although I would be confident with any of the main makers on here
I'v got knives by FGYT and kristofish too both excellent

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
I have made my decision. I am going for the Spalted Birch Hunter located here > link <

It looks nice, has what I am asking for, and is ready made. :)

Thanks for the offers though guys!

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I have made my decision. I am going for the Spalted Birch Hunter located here > link <

That's a nice knife and a good maker , but it ain't no 'Hill Bill' and imo looks like a draw queen rather than a good all round tool. I use Marks knife like someone not worthy and should only be given a hultfors....yet it's still going strong with every task it's been given....which are a few ;)

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
Never seen one of Hillbills knives in the flesh but have heard nothing but good thing about them.
Another option would be Kristopish, he made mine for me exactly to my spec and i love it.

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
That's a nice knife and a good maker , but it ain't no 'Hill Bill' and imo looks like a draw queen rather than a good all round tool. I use Marks knife like someone not worthy and should only be given a hultfors....yet it's still going strong with every task it's been given....which are a few ;)
What do you mean it looks like a draw queen?

I want the knife to be able to cut things without using an axe and replacing my current knife which I've had for nearly 20 years. The knife was almost exactly to my spec as I'd asked and fits the bill price wise also. I will go for a hill bill knife soon...just not this time :)

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I could use 3V. Just had a look at the heat treatment info... i can manage that :)

What kinda thing you wanting?

Last edited:

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire

good pick, I really wanted that one but blew my sharps budget just before it came up

absolutely no reason that couldn't be an every day user

fielder1963

Aug 29, 2013
Shropshire
I could use 3V. Just had a look at the heat treatment info... i can manage that :)

What kinda thing you wanting?
Just thinking in general at the moment while I save up. Something like a bushcraft knife, preferably flat or sabre grind, about 4 - 5 mm thick and 4 1/2 inches long ish. Mi I g metric and imperial I know! A reasonable finger guard would be good too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE