New boots need some sort of care...but what?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Yeah Lee the link you sent me was great, but the fact that there was nae desciption about what the paste acually contained i wasnt too sure on it.

topknot: lined with leather? nae sure what you mean by that. they are full nubuck leather boots :S

Dreadhead

aah right i see cheers. nah i dont think they have a lining. didnt even realise my german paras had a lining :lmao: is that important? im sure they are more breathable without a lining? cannae wait for wax tae arrive so i can tart them up :D

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
didnt even realise my german paras had a lining :lmao: is that important? :D

Yes & no,:D.......A leather lining will take the brunt of the wear, make it easier to clean the inside from time to time & prevent too much sweat soaking into the uppers....but unlined boots will absorb more sweat so your feet should be drier.........
I'm doubtful about the breathability of leather but that's another debate.:)

Dreadhead

I'm doubtful about the breathability of leather but that's another debate.:)

:lmao:i wouldnt have it any other way. cannae abide any synthetic materials so tis leather & wool all the way for me. with my hair i sweat like a dog but a happy one :D and so far these boots have treated my feet better than any other shoes bar my little soft star moccassins. shall see how they work out in the long run!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE