Nesna Lobben Norwegian Snow Boots- How do I make them comfty!?!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
imag0501v.jpg

By watergypsy at 2012-01-27

Hi everyone :eek:

Brought these Nesna Lobben Snow Boots off ebay a few weeks ago, a bargin at only £16.00, including posting!! :D (From what Ive found they are worth about £100!!)

They were only worn a couple of times by the previous owner and are nearly new, anywho....I took the dog out for a walk right away to test them out, when I got I got back I had a few tasty blisters on the back of my leg :( Ive worn them as much as possible since to try and break them in, but they are still really uncomfortable :puppy_dog

Ive tried wearing thick socks, putting one of those sticky leather heals pads on the inside and also bending the top to try & make it more flexible, but no luck!! Its the very top on the inside, thats causing the trouble...tis rubbing the back of my calf :(

Just wondered if anyone had any tips to try and make them comfty :confused: Tis such a shame because theyre awesome & was hoping to wear them for dog walking etc, instead of my yard boots all the time!

They are constructed of quilted, felted wool with a rubber sole.

Any help would be much appreciated :p

Cheers

Fionn x

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Bet you're quite small ?

At 5'2" I find boots like this a pain (literally) to wear. They have no shaping at the top edge and come too high up my calves. Even when I was very slim the boots rubbed me raw.
The only way I found to make them wearable was to undo the entire top band, loosen it entirely with no fold overs at all, and let the fabric/leather ease enough that I could wear in the boots to fit me.

It leaves the top edge a bit raw looking but at least I'm not blistered every time I wear them.

A shame to lose the braid on your felted ones though.......you could just split the back of them a bit and make them kind of 'pixie' boot style ?

Don't think I've been much help, sorry.

cheers,
M

Hello :)

Yeah I am quite small.... 5''4 ish, thats probably half the problem, usually is! haha! I did think about cutting them, but I dont want to spoil them :( Plus if I really can't wear them, I might sell them on :)

I really dont know what to doooo :confused:

Thank you for your reply and advice :approve:

Fionn :pirate: x

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE