Need a new Watch, which one to go for?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
I've got a Seiko Automatic here that I'm going to sell as It's not Waterproof and I never wear It because I'm worryed I'll break It!

I've got around £100 to spend and I'd like something that's going to go on and on, It needs to be Waterproof, show the date and be easy to read at night..
I used to have a Vostok which I'm going to look at again, not sure If I want another Automatic or not.

Cheers, Butch

If you like sieko automatics, how about the divers version? I've got one it's reall tough and reliable, and don't need to worry about water as it goes down to 200m. (Although I've only ever worn it down to 2m!) Very bright dial at night
Got mine on evilbay for just over £100 about 3 years ago.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Casio cheapo - £30 tops - last forever, waterproof, mugger proof (who would want to sreal that?) day, date, stop watch, alarm...everything you need.
Then spend the rest of your dosh on some bushy gear!

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Another vote for the G10, having said that I still use mt Animal titanium I have had for nearly 10 years

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Bought an Uzi Protector a couple of weeks ago from the states, first impressions are it's going to be a cracking bit of kit. It's a bit plasticy but feels solid enough, time will tell I suppose.

Brown Bear

Forager
May 12, 2009
Cambridge
I'd recommend the casio G-shock range. I've had one for 6 years now. Taken it scuba diving, MTBing, on a week long survival course in the snow, all on the same battery and it's still accurate. Totally bomb proof.

They also do some with altimeters/barometers.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I like the Timex expedition range myself

I'm looking for a new watch myself as it happens. My timex is on it's 3rd strap and is still going strong except for the straches on the glass. As I wear it all the time (work too) it needs to be fairly smart.

I'm after an analog (sp) face with date and compass (don't need to see the compass all the time). Same price range.
Any ideas at all?

Cheers

Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE