Need a light!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

a1993h

Oct 27, 2010
Ireland
Hey guys,
Im not able to light fires in my local forest since its all pine but i'd like to have some sort of light source throughout the night just for the comfort of it. Any ideas?

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Cyalume sticks.

cyalume-sticks-how-they-work.gif

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
If you don't mind the bulk then a Feurhand SuperBaby paraffin lamp puts out a nice homely glow. For a full on blinding white light then another favourite is the UCO Mightylite FLIP

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
yeah cool, not a bad idea but i was looking for something natural like some sort of homemade candle etc.

Cut a double door into the side of an empty beer can and drop a candle in, plastic milk bottles work well too but they're a bit more tricky to set up.l

a1993h

Oct 27, 2010
Ireland
If you don't mind the bulk then a Feurhand SuperBaby paraffin lamp puts out a nice homely glow. For a full on blinding white light then another favourite is the UCO Mightylite FLIP

Yeah, the paraffin lamp would work. Does the flame last long and is paraffin expensive?
Thanks

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Yeah, the paraffin lamp would work. Does the flame last long and is paraffin expensive?
Thanks

I ran mine in France this summer for about six nights before I had to fill it up again so it does pretty well.

I get my paraffin from a local Mica hardware store, £2.99 a gallon with a 5L bottle thrown in.
There's a few branches in Ireland, not sure how close they are for you though ...
http://www.micahardware.co.uk/public/postcodeareas/index.cfm

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE