Neck Knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

treelore

Nomad
Jan 4, 2008
Northamptonshire
Just thought I’d ask you guys you opinions and views, Pro’sand con’s on them and designs. The reason I ask is that I’m looking at gettingone to give more options when working and doing bushy stuff….. and too addanother blade to my collection:thankyou:

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
In some cases having my sheaf knife on my belt gets court upin dense cover and size/weight can be an issue

I sometimes hang a Mora around my neck for just that reason.

mora_sm.jpg

"...Why dont you consider your usual knife but baldric style carry..."

That can keep it out of the way too. :)

wl_baldric.jpg

Last edited:

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Baldric is like in the photo above. It can be worn under your jacket to keep it covered or over the top as shown. I prefer it this way as it doesnt hand down in the way too much. Unless your looking for something smaller to use. There are plenty of people on here who can make you a neck knife.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I've never seen the sense in them.
I wouldn't like to have anything as sharp as that routinely so close to my neck.
It would be uncomfortable, especially when I lift anything heavy close to my chest.
It would get soaked in salty water from my sweat.

What's wrong with a folder in your pocket?

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...I wouldn't like to have anything as sharp as that routinely so close to my neck..."

Its always going to be close to some part of your anatomy, granted having the point facing upwards is perhaps less safe than it pointing downwards, like Mors wears his...

mors3.jpg

"...It would be uncomfortable, especially when I lift anything heavy close to my chest..."

I have never found that to be an issue, even when trying to ski with my arms full of logs. :)

"...It would get soaked in salty water from my sweat..."

Again, I have not found that to be a problem and I use carbon rather than stainless Moras.

"...What's wrong with a folder in your pocket?.."

Nothing at all. :)

Last edited:

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I use a neck and normally have another knife either on my belt or in a baldric carry. For my neck knife I have a few to select from including:

A Sasquatch neck knife ( my favourite)
Mora sl2
Smith & Wesson SW990 tanto blade
Mora clipper
Bernie Garland wood carver blade (handled by our own Addo)
Highlander issue survival knife (the new MOD survival knife which is a SS clipper copy)
Or even my Mora Force as well, sometime carried as a neck knife.

Most of the knives are light and fairly short and therefore easy to carry round the neck without stress to my neck

Last edited:

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I make a couple of small neckers. Good handy little knives that can be kept out of the way. My sheaths are multi carry, belt/pocket/neck. I used to find them to be a bit of a pain flopping about when you are trying to work, but then i started tying a bit of cord to the bottom of the sheath and then to a belt loop so it keeps it in place. I make them really as a finer working tool to compliment a full sized bushy.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Just had a necker arrive today, made by Maurisz, TLIM knives on BB, very light & a nice size. Also Topknot made a shoulder sheath for me a couple of years ago, that again is a good way to carry.

Rob

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I also like a necker, I picked up this one on here a few years ago and it gets carried on every bimble or trip ...

Origin unknown, I asked Jojo to make a nice sheath for it too but I don't have a pic at the mo. Many knives have come and gone but I'll never part with this one
DSC00940.jpg

I use mine for all sorts, splitting down kindling for my Kelly Kettle or Bushbuddy, knocking up a quick pot hanger, cutting withies, making tent pegs, pruning etc etc. I just think they're more practical sometimes instead of having a belt carry, I can walk in the Dales or Lakes without folk freaking out or even local bimbles with the dog walkers. I don't carry a folder so my necker is my go to blade for quick tasks.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
i love mine carry it when i dont have my mora like on a wonder around local woods and people will be about plus its out of the way when knealing down.its a ka bar becker necker san mai with kydex sheath.

5c28024c-7d53-fe9c.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE