Neck knives: Yay or Nay?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Morning all.

I know a lot of you are really into neck knives, but my question is this... Do you wear one as well as your main knife, or is that you rmain knife, you just wear it round your neck? Just curious...

Many thankings,

Rich (the-no-longer-so-much-of-a-climber)

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
I do an either / or, so I'll sometimes wear a neck knife as my main knife when I want my knife to remain discreet, ie not visible to other people - basically in areas where I have more chance of being seen by non-bushcrafty folk. If I'm not so worried about being seen I'll wear one on my belt.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
main knife goes over the shoulder baldric style, any others that i might be carrying go in a pocket or (more likely than not) live in my rucksack. i don't actually own a knife that could be worn on my belt

stuart

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It depends on where I am and what I'm doing really.

If there's other folk about I think a necker is more discreet under clothes, if I'm away on a trip then I'll carry a knife on my belt.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
My knife (a woodlore) is usually on my belt. I sometimes carry a little puukko or a Mora around my neck and either of those will do all the things I need to do in the woods. :)

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
The thought of a neck knife never really appealed to me although that may be something to do with spending a good chunk of my early adult years wearing god awful things around my neck akin to a hangmans noose (ties) and having escaped the need for them (since im now a sparky) i aint going back lol

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE