Natures efficiency.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
It means that the plant is mature and female, ready to fruit. Ivy behaves the same way except that it is hermaphrodite, male and female, like most plants.

IMG_5830.jpegIMG_5831.jpeg
Just taken this - is a great year for holly and Ivy here. We’ll have fat fieldfares and pigeons come Spring.

Last edited:

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Yep, it does vary quite a bit. I have hollies with only spiky leaves at the bottom and some, of a similar age, with spiky leaves up to the top. When a do any training in our wood I will pick up a smooth leaf from the floor and ask the participants, without looking up, what tree it's from. Very, very, few people know it's holly :)

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
There are many many varieties of holly. The variety Silver Queen is male and never produces berries. The variety Golden King is the female Silver Queen and produces a few berries when it feels like it. There are other variegated varieties to confuse the above information!!!!

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Thats a grand cheesecake.

Whats the recipe?

Nothing dictated ( or thus shareable ) as its mostly come from my head.
I had to make an office offering for the last day party - one of the ladies is Gluten Intolerant so that put a spin on it and I wanted to make a festive cheesecake capturing Christmas flavours.

Base is Ginger and Cinnamon , brushed with chocolate ( to form a moisture proof layer ) , on top of that is a puree of gluten free mince meat with some extra flavours. The 'cheese' dairy element is made from soft cheese , soured strained greek yoghurt and white chocolate with vanilla bean flavouring and seed pods running through it.
The red disc on top is a cranberry liquid reduction fortified with some cointreau and angosutura bitters and gelled to create a disc.
The dark chocolate shavings are just dark bitter chocolate shavings.

Potentially this thing has more calories in it than Uranium.

GreyCat

Nov 1, 2023
South Wales, UK
There are many many varieties of holly. The variety Silver Queen is male and never produces berries. The variety Golden King is the female Silver Queen and produces a few berries when it feels like it. There are other variegated varieties to confuse the above information!!!!

The one I am one about is Golden King. This is the first year it's had berries.

It needed a prune so I waited until a couple of weeks ago and used the prunings in Christmas wreath and to put around the bottom of the Christmas tree pot (second year it's been brought in, I really do need to get it a bigger pot as it's getting due it's annual pot-on).

GC

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE